Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 49 Results
  1. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    We spent a week at Havasu down by the dam and Bill Williams area with the wind blowing most days and freezing cold, ice was even on the boat slip ramps in the morning. I took the trip because 1 snowbird friend of mine caught a 22 lb striper and another friend of mine was catching 4-10lb stripers...
  2. The Striper Forum
    I fish the Middle Potomac River & had poorest season in 15yrs, Wondering how everyone else did this year Normally I catch & release more than 1000 keepers in a season & this year maybe 100 Our water salinity was way down,maybe an issue? Just wondering how other fisherman did in different...
  3. Saltwater Species
    Well guys, still stuck out here in California but I have adapted. Without a boat it's nearly impossible for me to target any big fish...nothing worthy of Striper status. Most of the inshore fishing is light line type fishing, 6-10lb test but still a ton of fun. Looking back at some of the...
  4. Chesapeake Bay
    My son and I took the green Sportcraft to the Bay for one last trip on Black Friday and Saturday. We fished Pocomoke Sound on Friday and had a big fish break us off when it wrapped a wire line. Then we caught a 33" striper (rockfish) as we were pulling lines in the afternoon. We fished a...
  5. Saltwater Striper Clubs
    Gooooooooooooooood fishing Costa Rica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heading down to the beautiful Los Suenos Marina,lets see how Captain Walton and mate Christian are finishing up the month of August. And it goes like this…. Aug 16 David Simon heads out on Sunny One today and docks after...
  6. Saltwater Species
    Summer is here at Cape Cod, MA. The temperatures this past weekend hit 80 degrees-the tuna bite began to heat up as well. With the Miss Loretta at the shop getting a new side scan sonar system installed, I had to resort to beach bumming it this past Monday, instead of hitting the Bank for a...
  7. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    5th place shortie <'////><
  8. Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
    It seems the action is starting to heat up. Over the past three nights we have landed dozens of stripers and plenty of bait. Last night was the most productive with mostly keepers being caught. We also are catching catfish and largemouth all on alewifes. All in all it has been great.
  9. All Time Best Threads
    Post your pic's here for any Stripers caught in 2011 woohoo.gif :flyfish:
  10. Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
    Been out to my favorite spots a few times this month. We've been catching good numbers throughout the evening hours with 9-11 being the best. A few hogs caught, but mostly between the 15"-20" range. Also catching some secondary species (walleye and cats). It's a nice time to enjoy the lake...
  11. New York
    i been doing a little fishing with bunk ,no luck yet .a few where catch at penny beach.but im looking to move up to plugging and was wondering if any body could spare some time to show me ? thanks john
  12. Saltwater Species
    Just read an article about how the DEP has not approved the new fluke regulations for NJ yet. Usually after the regulations are set the DEP approves it within a couple of days. The RFA-NJ has sent a letter to Gov. Christie requesting immediate action to the new regulations. The supposed opening...
  13. The Striper Forum
    Surf casted the lower cape as a kid long ago and know the ropes pretty well but I've never fished the canal. I going to have limited time but can get to the canal after about 1 hour drive. So I welcome hints to maximize my success. I'm catch and release only (which kills me that I need to...
  14. Arizona Stripers
    Anybody going to try it this year I am in all ready. Last year sucked :5387: but this is a new year.:mental:
  15. New York
    I went fishing last week Thursday for about 3 hours (10a-1pm) and today for about 2 hours (1pm-3pm), caught nothing. On both days there were a few other people fishing, but no one had caught anything while I was there, even though on both days I met the same old guy who she said he caught...
  16. Massachusetts
    The Massachusetts Chapter of Stripercoast Surfcasters Club is once again hosting a beach cleanup event at Gooseberry Island, Westport, MA on Saturday April 16th. We'll be getting started at 9am and hope to finish up around 3pm, with a break for a picnic lunch around noon. We hope that you'll...
  17. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Who's all still here ?
  18. Hudson River
    I just talked to dec and they said that the permit is done away with and nothing new was in place infact it probebly wont be for this year. so all you need to fish the river is a reg fishing license. nothing is needed though if you are just targeting striped bass in the river officer name sean...
1-19 of 49 Results