Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 42 Results
  1. Saltwater Species
    No need to search for your regs card to remember what is in season. Bookmark the following page for real time regulations for NJ saltwater fishing. http://njsaltfish.com/index.php/nj-regulations.html
  2. Maine
    Anyone have any knowledge of rules changes this year for stripers? I see the guys south of here all talking about their rules changing as a result of the East Coast States Conference wanting rules changes to reduce kept catch by 25%. I've been waiting to see what ours will be. There's nothing in...
  3. Hudson River
    Wondering how everyone is feeling about the new regulations being put into effect this year for our striper season. Seeing how over 90% of the fish my clients catch fall between the 28"-40" slot, most of the catch will have to be released to fight another day. For the past 16 years, most of my...
  4. The Striper Forum
    Last fall, at a meeting in Mystic, Connecticut, the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission's Striped Bass Management Board voted to implement new coastwide recreational striped bass regulations of 1 fish per day at a minimum size 28 inches, which scientists estimated would achieve a 31%...
  5. Hudson River
    Hello guys.just heard from a friend of mine possible new regulations for the 2015 run.Have any new regs come into effect yet? and if so does anybody have a link to the site so I can print it up.Thanks and tight lines.
  6. Delaware River
    I'm new to the forum, I have been boating on the Delaware river a couple times in the last two years, mainly been catching catfish on the river. This year I rented a boat slip at Ridley township marina and plan to try and fish for stripers on the river. I normally fish in Lewes, Delaware and...
  7. Hudson River
    FYI.... http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/84530.html
  8. Massachusetts
    I've been thinking about making a trip out a little bit off-shore, but I really can't seem to make heads or tails of the regulations. When do the Mass regulations end and the fed regulations begin, is that 3 miles off-shore? What about around the Isle of Shoals? I think that is 6 miles out, is...
  9. The Striper Forum
    For Release: IMMEDIATE Contact: Lori Severino Wednesday, May 31, 2012 (518) 402-8000 DEC ANNOUNCES PROPOSED CHANGES TO NEW YORK STATE RIVER...
  10. Hudson River
    For Release: IMMEDIATE Contact: Lori Severino Wednesday, May 31, 2012 (518) 402-8000 DEC ANNOUNCES PROPOSED CHANGES TO NEW YORK STATE RIVER HERRING REGULATIONS Public Comment Period Runs Through July 16 Changes to the regulations governing the harvest of river herring are being proposed to...
  11. Hudson River
    OK - i know the new laws did not pass and netting in the creeks is legal. I assume you need the marine registration since i would be between the river and the first impassable barrier ..... but i was in the bait store the other day and he told me i needed an additional license to use the net...
  12. Saltwater Species
    The new regulation, which amends the existing regulation pertaining to the minimum size for cod caught recreationally, is as follows: Minimum Size: No person fishing recreationally shall land or possess any cod measuring less than 22" total length, or any cod fillet measuring less than 14″...
  13. Saltwater Species
    Just read an article about how the DEP has not approved the new fluke regulations for NJ yet. Usually after the regulations are set the DEP approves it within a couple of days. The RFA-NJ has sent a letter to Gov. Christie requesting immediate action to the new regulations. The supposed opening...
  14. Georgia Stripers
    Proposed regulations are under consideration by the Board of Natural Resources. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources Division will hold three public hearings to receive input on the following proposals: 1) proposed hunting regulations for the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013...
  15. Delaware River
    State of Delaware Regs = http://regulations.delaware.gov/AdminCode/title7/3000/3500%20Tidal%20Finfish/index.shtml 1.0 It shall be unlawful for any person who does not have a valid commercial foodfishing license to have in possession more than an aggregate of ten (10) American shad and hickory...
  16. West Virginia Stripers
    West Virginia DNR Weekly reports and conditions
  17. Massachusetts
    Check this article out from Sunday's Globe Metro section. http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/02/07/drop_in_striper_stocks_puts_recreational_commercial_fishermen_at_odds/?page=2 I usually (but not always) practice catch and release so I'd support changing the limit to...
  18. Maine
    STATE OF MAINE DEPARTMENT OF MARINE RESOURCES 21 STATE HOUSE STATION AUGUSTA, MAINE 04333-0021 JOHN ELIAS BALDACCI GOVERNOR GEORGE D. LAPOINTE COMMISSIONER Striped Bass Scoping Meetings The State of Maine, Department of Marine Resources is hosting two public meetings during the...
  19. Massachusetts
    Heard a report a while ago on CNN about Stripers getting smaller because of "Global Warming"... Funny but I have been telling people for 15 years that the striper regulations were going to cause a reduction the size of stripers! Think about how breeders create smaller dogs; they take the...
  20. Nebraska Stripers
    Nebraska Nebraska Game & Parks Commission 2200 North 33rd Street PO Box 30370 Lincoln, NE 68503-0370 (402) 471-0641 http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us
1-20 of 42 Results