Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 66 Results
  1. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Wanted 12' Ocean Master Surf Casting Rod 3-6 wt Must be in Great Shape !
  2. Buy - Sell - Trade
    For Sale: Oceak Kayak Prowler 15 Angler edition with lots of extras. Rudder kit, comfy seat, 3 Scotty Rod holder mounting points, 2 flush mount rod holders behind the seat, custom tankwell crate, color fish finder with water temp sensor & battery, anchor trolley, paddle, 2 wheel cart for easy...
  3. Chesapeake Bay
    :flyfish:has anyone seen any schools of rock within the 3 mile limit. this cold weather should be bringing them down any time now. hope to see the birds working soon.
  4. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    This Rod has a roll tip and today I noticed the roller was missing since its last use....I Googled the name and model number....no luck, I bought 2 of these rods years ago in Flordia,I live in Tennessee.... they werent expensive but have served me well on big Stripers and Flatheads....any one...
  5. Surfcasting Central
    Will be heading there on Saturday for a week....will be fishing everyday. Anyone been hooking into any stripers or blues from the beach lately? If so, what are you doing best on? Thanks.
  6. Surfcasting Central
    Every year I head down a few weekends with my in-laws to ocean city for the summer. I usually wake up early and head to the surf by myself and fish a little. THis year my father and brother-in-law want to join me to learn. Now I am not the familiar with Ocean City and normally headed to the...
  7. New Jersey
    Getting antsy and thinking of going down to OC to fish the surf. Am I wasting my time?
  8. DelMarVA
    hi gus Im heading to oc Md in june I was wondering where to troll and fish for stripers at and what tou use anything will help fishing out of my 21 sea pro so off shore a couple miles wont hurt thank guys great forum
  9. The Striper Forum
    looking for best technique to hook up when massive amounts of bunker are present.
  10. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    I live on the west coast, but people here don't take spinning reels in the ocean very seriously so asking for advice always turns into a conventional vs. spinning reel debate. I'm wondering if an 8000 size spinning reel should be adequate for tuna, white seabass, and other fish up to 50 lbs...
  11. New Jersey
    By Al Ristori Follow RSS Feed Tuesday, March 08, 2011 The first keeper striper was recorded today at The Tackle Box in Hazlet as Dennis Galvez of East Brunswick used worms at Cliffwood Beach to land an 11-pounder. Capt.Chris De Stefano of Wall was watching in Belmar as the Ocean Explorer...
  12. Striper Guides & Charters
    Harbor Tackle, West Ocean City, Md. Fishing Report for July 13, 2010 Fishermen are catching sharks, kingfish, and spot in the surf. Rumor has it there are some cobia swimming around. In the bay plenty of undersized flounder and blues. The Rt. 50 Bridge and Inlet are producing some stripers and...
  13. Kayaking Stripers
    I am looking for a trolling motor for my trident 11 kayak. I am looking at the riptide transom from minn kota. http://www.minnkotamotors.com/produc...e_transom.aspx Is the digital maximizer useful or would I not need that? I will be using it in saltwater and will be going out in the bay on 4-5...
  14. Striper Guides & Charters
    Harbor Tackle, West Ocean City, Md. Fishing Report for June 4, 2010 If you have not caught your striper from the surf, you may still have the opportunity to snag one. Fishermen from AI have taken stripers, black drum, blues, skates, rays, lots of sharks, some flounder and a few kingfish. The...
  15. Striper Guides & Charters
    Harbor Tackle, West Ocean City, Md. Fishing Report for May 14, 2010 Due to the winds this week, fishing was hard on the fishermen. People that braved the sand blasting did hook up with fish. Although striper fishing slowed this past week, some nice fish were still caught. Along with the stripers...
  16. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Does anyone know the specs on this reel? Not sure how heavy of line is recommended for this reel, or the gear ratio. Thanks
  17. Striper Guides & Charters
    Harbor Tackle, West Ocean City, Md. Fishing Report for April 16, 2010 Finally something to report, I thought I might have to turn my store into Harbor Tackle Candy Store and if for those who know me you know that I would soon eat all my profits. A few of my customers are starting to hook up some...
  18. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    I am starting to question this after my past few completely unsuccessful not-even-a-nibble fishing trip. I heard something about the weather or some keeping all the fish out a few miles from the shore around Virginia. Has anyone heard anything like this?
  19. Commemorative Threads
    Can someone make this a sticky
1-20 of 66 Results