Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-13 of 13 Results
  1. Plugs and Plug Building
    Anyone know anything about the Central Machinery 5 speed, 1/2 HP Bench Top Wood Lathe #65345. Habror Frieght has it on sale @ $199. Wondering how good this wood be for making plugs.
  2. Plugs and Plug Building
    I am thinking about buying a Dremel Moto Lathe,it is small ,do any of you use a small Lathe to make your lures.
  3. Plugs and Plug Building
    anybody have any idea why the motor on this lathe would just stop working? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks, Chief Murph :navy:
  4. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Lathe and Ban Saw ***SOLD**** I have the following for sale in New Jersey. It is just about everything you need to make turned plugs. Mini Lathe Harbor Freight, 3 months old Set of 8 Lathe tools Harbor Freight 3 jaw chuck for lathe Harbor Freight 9 inch Ban...
  5. Plugs and Plug Building
    Does anyone use a duplicator on their lathe? Im kind of curious to how they work. I understand how one like this works Amazon.com: Lathe Duplicator: Home Improvement but as far as like this http://www.saltybugger.com/diamondveebits.htm , is it just a piece to the part in the first link? And I...
  6. Buy - Sell - Trade
    purchased a section of Renzetti bed. Thanks
  7. Plugs and Plug Building
    Finaly got my lathe from my uncles.. very old and not set up to build plugs.. hopefully it can be. This lathe is different from all the others iv looked at , the bases are different, one side has metal grip like pieces which dont hold the wood well at all. Im not sure if this thing can hold a...
  8. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Looking To Buy A Small Lathe To Start Plug Building. Anyone? And Maybe A Book On Some Info. On Some Techniques.
  9. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    I'm making some bottle plugs and was trying to come up with a neat way to form the lip. A drum sander gives the radius, but making one to work in the lathe and using the dust collector is what I really needed. So I made one. Start with a blank with the diameter you need. True it up in the...
  10. Plugs and Plug Building
    I'm in the process of figuring out the how-to for making a tracer lathe. For the lathe's drive I'm thinking sewing machine motor with foot switch rigged with a 4.6:1 reduction drive (belted pulley). This should give me a variable speed with 1,000 RPM tops with more torque(?). The tracer will use...
  11. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    Here's where I'm at: Got the base (Unistrut) and the rod holders (2) figured out and built (Used Roller blade wheels). I've also figured out the spool carriage, rod tip holder and tool brace but I haven't assembled them yet. I'm not looking for pretty (obviously - see pic) - just functional I...
  12. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I am looking for a used wood lathe to make some plugs. I dont want to buy new because not enough funds for new. Let me know what you have. Thanks cool_blue.gif
  13. Plugs and Plug Building
    OK as promised I'll give some photo's of my homemade plug lathe/rod wrapper, she's not pretty but it will get the job done until you get a "real" lathe... the bed is 3/4" plywood, the fixed rail is 3/4" maple (pine will do) the headstock is 3/4 maple and the removable tail stock is 2" pine...
1-13 of 13 Results