Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 338 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    There is any relation between strength of the line (for expl. 8-17lb) shown on the rod and weight that could be lifted by that rod without risk to break it? Or that number related to best casting distance?
  2. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    I am in the market for a rod to use on my boat for chunking and live-lining. I was in a local shop and saw the Daiwa Saltist Northeast Casting rod and liked it. However, I want to be able to use this to troll tube and worm, swimmers with lips, and maybe a small umbrella or mojo. Would I be okay...
  3. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    I came across a few garage sales and picked up a total of 3 interesting surf rods, all of which are in need of a good overhaul. I striped one down to just the bare blank but I'm not certain which blank it is since there wasn't any label. Color: Honey Overall length: 135-1/4" Weight: 14.3oz Butt...
  4. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have a TFO Pandion with a Lamson Guru reel and a SA 560 GRAIN head. It has very little use and is in immaculate condition. Asking 450.00 including shipping. This is a 700.00 set up new
  5. New York
    Hey everyone, been reading the forums for quite a bit now but making my first post because I can't find the information I am looking for. Not new to fishing but new to surf casting and am trying to settle on the right rod for the type of fishing I will be doing. I am located in Westchester so I...
  6. The Striper Forum
    Can anybody confirm if it is in fact possible to catch a decent striper at Montauk with a 7 ft rod? For specifics. The rod is a 7ft Tsunami Classic MH with a Penn Clash 4000. Any advice?
  7. The Striper Forum
    Hello. I am in need of gettig a new rod and reel. Right now I am using a 7' Penn Battle II combo with 4000 reel. I want somethig bigger and more sensitive for 1/2-2oz bucktailing for fluke, popping, storm shading, needlefish and bomber casting for blues/stripers. I usually fish on southern Long...
  8. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have a brand new 2 speed okuma reel for along with a crowder blue water series rod which is new. 80 to 130lbs line weight along with a shimano torium 20 and a shimano stradic fishing reel. You can have it all plus a line winding machine from ospry for 300 or best offer.
  9. Hudson River
    I have a pair of Abu Garcia Ambassadeuer 5600c4 reels that I like very much. I've had them mounted on a pair of fairly stiff. (For largemouth) bass rods but I don't like the matchup at all. Kind of a use what you got situation. I would like to find rods more suitable for fishing from a boat and...
  10. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Machined from 6061 aluminum and powdercoated gloss black. These adapt a Cannon Swivel base to either a Scotty, Cabelas or Field and Stream rod holder base. Probably fit other rod holder bases, message me the hole pattern of yours and I can tell you if it will work. If they don't, I can machine...
  11. New Jersey
    Anyone have any input on Bunker Spoon Rods? I'm looking at 8' Tony Maja Rods, as well as Seeker in both 8' & 9' versions. Any opinions would be appreciated.
  12. The Striper Forum
    recently picked up a st Croix mojo inshore 7" heavy currently have a penn ssv 4500 on it with 20lb braid. also have a 7" st Croix mojo surf with a penn clash 4000. both reels feel a tad small for the inshore. Wodering if the clash 5000 would be to large for the mojo inshore. mostly want the...
  13. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Hi need a lil help. I just purchased a 10 Ft St. CROIX Avid surf rod. I am wondering if the penn spinfisher 7500 long cast is to large for this rod or should I drop down to the 6500. Thanks and tight lines.
  14. Buy - Sell - Trade
    St Croix Mojo Spinning 10"6" MSS106MHMF2 Still want a St Croix MSS106MHMF2 St Croix Spinning Rod 10'6" - Length: 10' 6'' - Pieces: 2 - Power: MH - Action: Mod. fast - Line Weight (lb): 12 - 25 - Lure Weight (oz): 2 - 6 - Rod Weight (oz): 12.9oz - Handle Type: 4
  15. Surfcasting Central
    Looking to get a lighter rod to use bucktails/sp minnows and lighter lures and local shop had a tica2 12ft 3/4-2 moderate fast medium that was exactly what I was looking for. Question is,is rod too light for stripers in surf? For $150 are there better options in 10-12ft range? I currently have...
  16. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    Hi guys. I'm not a complete beginner I've done some fishing over the years. Mostly from piers and jetty. Looking to get more into it and eventually some surf fishing.I been fishing from the pier and jettys a couple times this summer already. I have inherited 2 rods and reels from dad. The one is...
    rod
  17. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    I want to get into casting eels, I'll be casting them from shore, Mostly from the rock's. What would be a good combo for this. Rod length , casting oz's, Reel, and # mono. I don't like braid. Could be spinning or conventional, I cast conv very well . I can spend up to $250.00. Thank's.confused.gif
  18. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Hey all, Planning to start my surf fishing side of life this fall with a week at Montauk in October. In preparation for this, I have purchased a shimano ultegra ci4 5500 reel and a st croix mojo 10'6'' mh 2-6 oz Rod. Will this work out well for me in your opinion? Thanks for all the help in...
  19. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a durable travel case that won't break the bank (or the rods)? We are going to Puerto Rico and would like to bring our 8' and 9' rods with us. I've read reviews of the Plano telescoping case that seem mixed. Does anyone have experience with a decent case...
  20. Surfcasting Central
    I usually fish from boat but want to mix it up. Just got a deal on a penn conquest 7000 and need to pair up with a general purpose surf rod. Plan to throw plugs and occasional chunk. Don't want to spend much. Just plan to use on vacations to Maine and Nantucket. Thx in advance.
1-20 of 338 Results