Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 68 Results
  1. Hudson River
    Last season I ended it at norrie point drifting worms. I noticed alot of people trolling. And trolling with the line hitting stuff, like bass maybe........ I picked up some jet divers 20,30,40 and 50ft. I also got some shallow 6ft and deep 20ft lures. Some sebiles and mostly challengers...
  2. Hudson River
    Hi guys. Going to be headed down to Coney Island May 1st for my girlfriend's birthday. Planning on going to the beach and throwing some lines out for some stripers. Does anyone know of a good bait shop in the region & what type of bait would be best for stripers there this time of year? Thanks...
  3. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    Hello. I am a saltwater fishing beginner. I am usually fishing on Robert Moses (Long Island) bay and open ocean from the shore. Here is what I have - 7' Penn Battle II with Penn Battle II 4000, 10' Penn Fierce with Penn Fierce 8000, 11' Tsunami TSTSS1102H with Penn Fierce 8000 and those which I...
  4. The Striper Forum
    Hello there all. Kayak Fisherman here who has lost his means to a car and kayak relocated to NH but is heading to OOB for a weekend trip this weekend. I don't know nothing about the area but have looked into a few good spots via Google Earth and online and wondering what someone who perhaps...
  5. Hudson River
    Hey guys! I'm planning on really dedicating myself to stripers this year. I fish from shore in the Kingston area. In the past I have only used a single 9 foot medium heavy pole with 20 lb test. I am planning on getting two more setups, but what I would really appreciate some advice on is what...
  6. Freshwater Tackle Box
    Live bait hook Bait holder
  7. New Member Introductions
    Hi, My name is Meng Xyong. I'm from the Central Valley in California. Here on the West Coast we have a few places that hold monster sized fish such as San Luis Reservoir, O'Neal Forebay and the California Delta system. I've been fishing for Stripers since I was a kid. I remember my dad taking...
  8. Hudson River
    Hi everyone this is my first post on here. My name is Matt and this is my second year out stiper fishing and I usually fish the Kingston area. I'm currently putting in LOTS of time on a stretch of private land that lies between Ulster Landing park, and Charles Ryder park with some friends of...
  9. Maine
    Hello, Im new at striped bass fishing. I only get to do it once a year on vacation. If some one could help me out with best times to fish, Bait, Rigs anything would be great. I go to Wells Maine. If you knew a good spot to fish would be great to. Thank you, Jarod
  10. Hudson River
    Id like to put together a small poll to see if we can get some collective wisdom on fishing in the Hudson river. I will tally the results at the end. Please answer the poll hopefully we can unlock some striped bass fishing knowledge. 1) Have you caught more stripers in A) Daylight B) Night...
  11. The Striper Forum
    Hi,I'm new to this site(and striper fishing). Myself and my 3 sons are avid fisherman. We fished Pine Point, Maine and Camp Ellis, Maine last summer. In low tide,high tide,morning,night with no luck. We talked to alot of people and followed thier advice(rod setup,bait and places to cast).We were...
  12. Massachusetts
    Hi, all, Plans changed and I'm going to get to do some fishing tonight. Thinking about casting from shore/doing a little wading around Nut Island with sluggos and also soaking some bait if I get cold...anyone interested in joining me or want to offer a suggestion of a better place or...
  13. The Striper Forum
    For those who have posted how to fish a Sluggo, thanks for the tips. I have been hesitant to use them as I never felt like I was fishing them correctly. Last night I went with all black 7" and fished them low and slow and it worked great. Five Stripers from 30-34" and a bunch of other bumps so...
  14. New York
    heading to montauk this weekend for my last shot at catching a striper from the surf. this has been my first year really getting into surfcasting and i made all the newbie mistakes but i learned alot in the process from this site and by experience. Are there any tips for november fishing? i...
  15. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Looking for a little help/advice for Freshwater Striper fishing to get me pointed in the right direction. This is my first season fishing for Stripers in Liberty Reservoir and have been skunked more times than I care to admit. :icon_cry: I have an 18ft Lowe with an old 48V electric motor...
  16. Trolling for Stripers
    Hi Guys, Here's a couple helpful links to trolling for big stripers. The first link is about developing a trolling strategy that's right for you boat. http://barnstable-hyannis.patch.com/articles/catching-big-bass-by-keeping-things-simple The second link is about developing a search strategy...
  17. Surfcasting Central
    I fish at Shinnecock Inlet located in Southampton NY, I fish on the jetty and on the surf. I want to know what lures should i use for stripers in the spring or as of now. :salute:
  18. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    I have been fishing the Oneill Forbay for nearly ten years. I am here to give tips and help you become the ultimate striper fresh-water angler - just as long as you are not a poacher. I hate poachers and I can smell them a mile away. If I answer your questions with questions of my own - do...
  19. Maine
    Hi. Heading up to Moody beach the first week in August with a 20'CC ... any advice for where to find macs (if they are still around) and stripers in that area? Want to take my 10-year old out and catch him his first stiper!! Thx.
  20. Saltwater Species
    what do you do ive never tried, simply curiousconfused.gif
1-20 of 68 Results