Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 206 Results
  1. Buy - Sell - Trade
    penn reel for sale...SOLD Selling a vintage PENN bait caster reel Model #180 made inthe USA. I have a picture attached so you can see what it look like. Asking $20.00 free ship. If you're interested email meatbass4everjim@yahoo.com
  2. Hudson River
    I have 2 nine ft ugly stick downrigger rods with penn 310gti reels spooled with 300ft power pro braid for sale,they are on Craigslist also.$50.00 per combo.member price Pm if interested.:clock: sold
  3. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    I already have post up on the Penn boards, but thought i would check here to see if any locals could maybe help. This is a pretty common reel and I can't be be the only one who has had this problem... I own the Penn Fierce 2 6000 Live Liner and I popped it open today just to apply some grease...
  4. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Going to be purchasing my first striper set up. Fishing from a Boat, nearshore and Rivers in NH/ME We plan on fishing with live bait, chunk bait and lures. Considering picking up a 7' spinning combo set up from Penn. they seem reasonably priced and get decent reviews on this website...
  5. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Does anyone know where I can find the proper bearings/sizes for the Penn Fathom 25LW reels? I'm toying with the idea of replacing mine.
  6. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have an old Left Handed Spinfisher that I recently found out is pkinda rare. It's in pretty good shape probably because neither me or my brothers are Left handed, ha. Anyway I would like to sell it. can anyone tell me what I could hope to get for it? Much appreciated.
  7. Tackle Evaluation & Product review
    http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/clsh8.html
  8. Buy - Sell - Trade
    2 Penn 750 reel spools. 2 for $25.00 Selling 2 Penn Spools, They fits on a Penn 750 reel. I have a picture attached. I'm asking $25.00 You can e-mail me at bass4everjim@yahoo.com Thanks
  9. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have a penn torque 5 in black used a couple times but I really havnt gone fishing in the past year so I am downsizing. For sale $325 shipped conus
  10. Delaware River
    Got to love those wonderful people down at Penn Reels on Hunting Park in Philadelphia. As is my usual, every February at least 3-4 reels go into Penn for service and repairs as they get beat on pretty good over the corse of 800-1000 hours of fishing the river and salt each year. This past fall I...
  11. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    Anyone in need of this part? 720z part# 043720. It is the crooswind block for the gray colored reel. I am restoring my old man's reel for my son to use, and can not find this part any where. I have a machinest friend fabricating one as I post this. If the part works and there is an interest or...
  12. The Striper Forum
    Wondering what your thoughts are on these nice spinning reels for freshwater striper lake fishing. They would be used for topwater action using mag poppers and spooks, etc...for stripers averaging 10 to 15lbs up to 20-25lb possible.
  13. Striper Guides & Charters
    Just wondering which of these nice spinning reels you think would perform better for catching freshwater stripers up to 20-25lb range. Would be using them mainly for surface action casting mag poppers, spooks, etc..
  14. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Unfortunately my Uncle passed late last year and just now we are helping my Aunt clear some of the things he stock piled over the years. Evidently he was into fishing at some point in his life and we came across a stock pile of vintage Penn reels and a few others. In there was a Squidder 140...
  15. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    I bought a Penn Fathom 25LW last year. I really like the reel but I have a question. Is there a way to increase the amount of tension on the spool when using the bait clicker? I use the reel in a river environment and if I have the bail open with the clicker on and the tide is running stronger...
  16. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    So I recently received the Penn torque size 5 spinning reel for a gift. I'm used to using my Penn conquer 5000. My question is.. what rod would be a good match for my new torque? I do a lot of surfcasting. Throwing plugs, avas, and other lures from 1-3oz weights. I know I want a 9 foot. I'm...
  17. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    I have a Penn 712z with worn bushings. The gears will soon go if I don't replace the bushings. Instead of just replacing the bushings, I would like to make the reel better than new by replacing all the bushings (main gear and pinion gear) with bearings. I have see threads of larger Penn 700...
  18. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have 2 of these in stock, they are the 6/0 Bronze Spool Special Senators, $199.95ea. Monel spooling available at discounted rates with purchase. Shipping is included to any of the 50 states. Call the shop for details or to place an order. Penn Bluewater Carnage wire line rods in stock as...
  19. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Looking for a penn squidder with aluminum spool.Must be in good shape.This is going to be my bass reel for this comming fall.thanks joe
  20. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    Hey all. First time poster here. I'm looking into picking up a reel for fishing The Race and the Penn Fathom Levelwind seems to have all the features I want for primarily fishing bucktails with 20oz of lead. However, I'm having trouble deciding between the 20 and 25 size. I will likely be...
1-20 of 206 Results