Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 117 Results
  1. New Jersey
    I do no see many recent posts on here so maybe I will get people talking again. What is your favorite bait or lure to catch striped bass in New Jersey? I like using small jigs and bombers at night off piers and trolling with umbrella rigs when boating. Here is an article I wrote of what I think...
  2. Hudson River
    I fish the housy in CT a lot because its more confined and while sandowrms and blodworms work from the boat we just fish lures...mostly white jigs and softplastics with sp minnows being good , especially this past week. I d like to fish the hudson again, but never had luck with lures just...
  3. The Striper Forum
    Read more about How-To Properly Care and Store Your Vintage Fishing Lures.
  4. The Striper Forum
    this year I had an issue with seals grabbing this 9inch lure I was using. I have heard of them grabbing fish after you hook one but this year more than once I have had them grab this lure. Have you guys run into seals grabbing your lures?? I think the issue might be the fact that the lures are...
  5. Surfcasting Central
    I want to replace the rear treble hook on some of my lures with a single hook. should I use the same size or smaller? I am looking for single hooks with hair around the base to replace the trebles. where can I find these or what are they called? I want to try to simulate a smaller...
  6. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Hi my name is Gabe and I'm just starting out fishing for striped bass. I'm going to be fishing inlets such as the manasquan inlet in point pleasant nj at night only. I wanted to know which lures would work best here at night and any general info would be nice. Such as retrieving agaist the tide...
  7. The Striper Forum
    Lets have a little tackle inquiry as I am sure many can pick up a tip or two from all who participate here as there are many newbies and also seasoned pros so consider offering up some quality info... 1. Boat Guys - Based on where you fish when the fall run starts, what is your go to metal and...
  8. The Striper Forum
    Hey Guys open forum, what do you prefer for night fishing bait for the summer time?
  9. Surfcasting Central
    With the Striper season in NY fast approaching, I wanted to get some opinions in on which lures may work early in the season. I know that using clams or bloodworms is a preferred method early in the Spring but I prefer scouting out an area with a lure Also, I'm thinking about using some...
  10. Surfcasting Plugs and their history
    I've had good luck buying the China lures, modifying them and "going for broke"! If i lose a lure it's no big deal so i'll fish anywhere.:flyfish:
  11. View From The Beach
    by Rich Troxler Been awhile since I've posted anything, this due to my relocation from Long Island to Chesapeake, Virginia. What a long strange road that has been LOL. Anyway, a conversation came up about Bomber lures a while back and seeing as they are one of my long time favorites, I figured...
  12. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I am having a very hard time finding Redfin #10s here in Tennessee for Tennessee River striper fishing! Does anyone know an online source for these lures. White body with red head is what I'm looking for. Thanks Folks!
  13. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    hello fellow striper fishers. ive fished stripers at Cumberland lake in Kentucky for a few years. Im an inland fisherman always looking for a bargain at todays prices. imgoing to fish Virginia beach in Oct. In my travels across the internet I found a site called,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it is Chinese but I...
  14. The Striper Forum
    Guides Secret Lures Promotion, Buy 4 get 1 Free!! Pelagic Outfitters is proud to now offer Guides Secret lures as one of our fine offerings. Here's a link for more info on our site. http://www.pelagicoutfitters.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12_337 Feel free to call if you have...
  15. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    Black Bart Lure with Rigging Special Black Bart Lures come in Light Tackle Lures, Medium Tackle Lures & Medium Heavy Lures (We can order in the Heavy, but we do not stock those). These are quite possibly the finest trolling lures available today. These Single Lures come from Black Bart...
  16. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    We have been updating the website over the last few weeks(still under repair/update) Added almost all of the offshore lures and about 90% of the bars and chains (a few glitches to be worked out as well as the color combinations of each item. We have also updated the feature for dealers it...
  17. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    We have been updating the website over the last few weeks(still under repair/update) Added almost all of the offshore lures and about 90% of the bars and chains (a few glitches to be worked out as well as the color combinations of each item. We have also updated the feature for dealers it...
  18. The Striper Forum
    I had a friend fish montauk last week and the charter was using flourescent jigs. Does anyone have an idea of what they were, I would like to try them in the chesapeake and I am hoping to get up to montauk in october. Thanks for the help.
  19. Blogs
    New blog article: The Ranger by Robert's Lures
  20. The Striper Forum
    Name your top producing artificals, for no particular time of year / environment. Just the top 3 if it was all you could carry, assuming you're going for size over quantity, (aren't we always?) To start, I'll say 1.) Gibbs Danny 2.) Jointed Bomber 3.) 7' Bomber Honorable Mention: Super...
1-20 of 117 Results