Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 31 Results
  1. Hudson River
    technical question about herring limit: if I bring 5 frozen then catch 5 and then catfish eat 2 can I catch 2 more?
  2. Hudson River
    lost my booket on the size limit for stripers looking for size that must be released and what you can keep.
  3. Striper Guides & Charters
    Our Afternoon trip was more of the same on live and chunked bunkers with Stripers in the 20-30 pound range and our largest Blue was in the 10 pound range. The New Penn Squall and Fathom reels are doing a nice job with 20-30 pound Berkley Pro Spec Mono and paired on the new Legion, Regiment...
  4. Hudson River
    Can one have ten live ones on board and some that are obviously not from that day (frozen)? I hate having to leave a hot spot to get more bait!!!
  5. The Striper Forum
    Greetings all. Had a great day with a great crew out yesterday. Myself and 2 others paid for a full day striper charter. I was surprised that the boat kept half of it's 10 fish limit. The three of us were sent home with 5 fish worth of meat. Is this common? It seems like for the $ we paid we...
  6. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    Swamp Stallion Fishing Adventures is expanding! Sometimes it is difficult to book multiple trips when I am running by myself or have something planned that day. I am working with Captain Sal Fontana to get my customers out on the water and Captain Sal has been great! Recently he took out the...
  7. Massachusetts
    Newbie here. I am reading here that the MASS recreational saltwater fishing possession limit says 2 stripers. Is that per boat or licensed fisherman? I am assuming per licensed fisherman but want to make sure. Please help.. Thanks!
  8. New York
    Limit reached by 9am today fish to 19 lb on the chunks.Lock and load fishing. Looks like they are here to stay for a while. Sailing EVERYDAY at 7am Private charters are available anytime on the ANGLER Xpress up to 6 passengers and anytime after 2pm on ANGLER II up to 38 passengers. Minimum of...
  9. New York
    Limit reached by 9am today fish to 19 lb on the chunks.Lock and load fishing. Looks like they are here to stay for a while. Sailing EVERYDAY at 7am Private charters are available anytime on the ANGLER Xpress up to 6 passengers and anytime after 2pm on ANGLER II up to 38 passengers. Minimum of...
  10. Striper Guides & Charters
  11. Hudson River
    Does anyone know if there's a limit on live Herring that you can have in your livewell ? Is it "X" number of Herring per person ?
  12. The Striper Forum
    Well, Capt Ralph did it again, Managed to get us a limit of 16-25 lb stripers for the table by 12:30 pm on Sunday so we could hunt for trophies till 3:00 pm . Although we couldn't manage any New Personal Bests we did catch a few 30 lb + fish that we quickly released . We all managed to hook into...
  13. Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
    It seems that a lot of the regulars that fish this great pond for SB are not happy about folks taking smaller fish at legal limit. I wonder if the fish commission has ever considered a slot limit on Stripers like there is in saltwater.?I'm not sure what size fish constitute a breeder.? Is there...
  14. New York
    I didn't see this here so ill post it... Salt water regulations. i made my own copy with pics lmao and loaded it on my phone(talk about newb) LOL http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7894.html
  15. New York
    Boat limit today with Capt Mike. a dozen+ shorts and another 6 keepers released as well. Pics are from recent trips! Capt Rich boated a 47 lb slob yesterday afternoon while relaxing between trips!
  16. Striper Guides & Charters
    A limit of Bass to 32 lbs on the ANGLER II today. A few nice keepers to 27 lbs early on by boat regular Cliff of Bayside then a lull with the tide and towards the end of the trip it was lock and load fishing with Steve P. of Flushing landed two fine keepers to 32 lbs. ANGLER II sails everyday...
  17. Striper Guides & Charters
    Today despite the winds we took 6 bass up to 20lbs here in narraganetts. I tried to cancel this Spilt shared trip trip last night with the weatherman calling for high winds a 2ft-3ft chop but my passengers where taking a day out of work to go and said they would be happy with an hour or two of...
  18. Delaware River
    Slot Limit proposal http://www.fish.state.pa.us/mpag1.htm Proposed striped bass regulations for Delaware River and Estuary -- public comments accepted through January 20, 2009 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA PENNSYLVANIA FISH AND BOAT COMMISSION Title 58...
  19. Albemarle Sound
    Normally I would have been in the Chespeake Bay, forecast killed it for us today. Been looking at reports from the Albemarle decided to see what was there could have caught 100 if you wanted to. Everyone begining about 18.5 inches look like they were cut with a cookie cutter all the same. Drop a...
  20. Saltwater Licence Registry Links/Regulations/Laws
    what exactly is the fine for taking an undersize strip bass or more than your limit in the state of new york long island i was told any thing from 250 to 5000
1-20 of 31 Results