Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 109 Results
  1. Hudson River
    Greetings folks: can anyone let me know the status of the launch and the hours of operation at Schodack Island State Park? I realize the office and restrooms are closed. Would like to know if the gate is open or closed and at what times if anyone has any info would be appreciated. TIA
  2. Massachusetts
    Very sad to report that Kay Moulton from Surfland has passed away this morning - she will be missed by many! http://www.surflandbt.com/end-of-an-era-kays-gone/ -- Tom
  3. Massachusetts
    I just drove 14 hrs to plum island for a short vacation is the stripers up here yet?
  4. Hudson River
    Hi guys. Going to be headed down to Coney Island May 1st for my girlfriend's birthday. Planning on going to the beach and throwing some lines out for some stripers. Does anyone know of a good bait shop in the region & what type of bait would be best for stripers there this time of year? Thanks...
  5. Massachusetts
    Hello, how's the bite from shore right now? looking forward to getting down there. thanks
  6. Massachusetts
    I have been fishing Plum island about a decade and I have always been a weight and bait fisherman. Due to a terrible year last year; I decided to upgrade my gear and strictly fish plugs and eels. Are there any recommendations for plugs for the river, beach front, jetty , reserve? I had success...
  7. Surfcasting Central
    This will be my first year as a full-time surf caster. Any knowledge to be shared on some good spots to hit? I purchased the night fishing permit for Jones Beach. Probably going out tomorrow night before high tide. Thanks for the help! Hey look at me! I just made my first post!
  8. Hudson River
    Does anyone also fish the Merrimack river plumb island area fished it a few times last year latter in the season and only caught a few small fish looking to see if any had any insight on when the fish are there ? Any help would be great thanks
  9. Hudson River
    Took a drive by the park today, sign out front stating camping would be available in April of 2016. Campsites are virtually done. If you have never been there it is on the east bank just below the Castleton bridge, off route 9J. Great launch. Herring usually pretty easy to jig. I live...
  10. The Striper Forum
    Anyone on here from Chincoteague area that would be willing to let me pick their brain a bit?
  11. Stripers 101 - Sticky Threads
    I'm looking to get my surf casting career started. I have read two of Zeno Hronim's books and one by John Skinner on bucktails. Hoping the migration will get to NH soon where I live. But I thought I could get a head start by going down to the mouth of the Merrimack in MA. Can anyone tell me...
  12. Massachusetts
    Fished Friday night into the morning walking the beach with artificials. Stopped at Surfland in the morning and fished lot 4 and 6 with bait. 10 plus hours of fishing and one skate. Of all the people I ran into, no one was catching fish. Over the next few weeks, where should one go to fish...
  13. New York
    It seem this year the stripers on Long Island either north or south shore have not started moving yet. I hope to see some posting on the stripers of of Long Island. There are blues hitting bunker pods and even fishing the out skirt of these schools no stripers. Hope someone out there have a...
  14. The Striper Forum
    Hello Everyone, I took the boat out on Sunday morning and hooked up with 2 14 pond blue fish, a 7lb skate and a few flunder. I went just outside the harbor by crooks point. The thing is I'm getting tired of catching blue fish. Does anyone know some good spots where I can go to hook up some...
  15. New York
    Hows the fishing in city island up to rye?
  16. Massachusetts
    Fished a number of spots on Plum Island starting around 2 pm through the evening. Temps in the mid 50s with some offshore wind. Previous week I had found good success catching 5 but yesterday was not the case. The beach from Lot 1 north was so full of seaweed that lines continued to get...
  17. The Striper Forum
    Hi All, I just joined Striper I grew up in NYC and as a kid taking the train out to Coney Island Jetty Jumping or Fishing from the Pier. I've been fishing for some 55 years and I've been on Long Island the past 25 yrs. I just started to get back into the swing of things now that my kids are...
  18. New York
    Has anyone seen any striper action out on the East River or Staten Island? I often go fishing on Randal's Island, Fort Wadsworth or The Conference House on SI. Haven't had any luck yet.
  19. The Striper Forum
    When do you Islanders start seeing the Stripers return? What about the other guys? I plan on hitting the island at least 2-3 times. Probably go off the Lemon creek pier. Had amazing success this past summer.
  20. New York
    How was the run? I had made plans to visit the island and go after some blues and stripers but never made it. I heard it was a slow fall?
1-20 of 109 Results