Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 277 Results
  1. Hudson River
    Herring have showed up in there normal early season location. Won’t be long now before bigger bass show up
  2. Hudson River
    We can use this thread to track Herring movements up the river. :icon_thelmutsalute: Let us know when you start seeing them ... General location or county is fine, no need to give up your specific honey holes. Thank you!
  3. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Saw on Facebook that there were several reports of herring in the creeks all the way up to Troy. I'm not as skeptical of these sightings as I am of mountain lions in NY :smiley17e: but I would have to see them with my own eyes!
  4. Hudson River
    Maybe we can use these:
  5. Hudson River
    2nd day out and have yet to see any herring fishing between columbia and Ulster county. Must have thrown this stoolie 500x. Lol Whatev not giving up they have to show up.
  6. Hudson River
    Does anybody know how to differentiate between a male and female herring. I know that I can squeeze them to see if eggs or sperm comes out, but in mid April when the water is still cold not sure if eggs are ready or if males are spewing all over the place seems like that isht is all over my...
  7. Hudson River
    We can use this thread to track Herring movements up the river. :icon_thelmutsalute: Let us know when you start seeing them ... General location or county is fine, no need to give up your specific honey holes. Thank you!
  8. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    what's going on with the lack of bait?
  9. Hudson River
  10. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    It's been miserable all season trying to catch bait and from what I hear it's still lousy. Any chance it'll get better before the stripers spawn and leave?
  11. Hudson River
  12. Hudson River
    This question is for the veteran striper fisherman on this forum. I've only been striper fishing for about four years now and I'm starting to notice that the bite slows down A LOT when the herring are very abundant in the river. Am I crazy or have any of you guys noticed this as well? My...
  13. Hudson River
    I seem to be having a difficult time this year and I see that lots are catching in the places I fish. I know my tackle setup is right so, is my herring just too big? I've been using the smallest ones I can find yet still not getting any runs. Any suggestions from those doing well this year?
  14. Hudson River
    :sign4:Been out twice with no luck fishing chunk. Should my sinker be on the bottom or suspended as I drift. I mark fish at 18 or so feet and am thinking that I should suspend my sinker at that depth and drift through them. Newb on the hudson I am a surf fisherman. One more package of three...
  15. The Striper Forum
    Can I get some opinions on fishing live herring from boat anchored live line or off bottom I've had a couple on live lining lost them on way in tho
  16. Hudson River
    Just wondering if anyone has had any luck jigging herring from their boat in the Catskill Creek closer to the river. If so any advice? I have seen guys up near the school but I am not that familiar with that end and am a little leery of taking my boat up there. I may try it when the tide is...
  17. Hudson River
    Confirmed report of herring in Columbia county
  18. Hudson River
  19. Hudson River
    *Unapproved advertising removed*
1-19 of 277 Results