Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 14 Results
  1. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Selling my 12 foot Minn KotaTalon shallow water anchor. It's One years old. I got itin Aug 2018. Nothing is wrong with it,works great. Just upgrading to a bigger boat next year. It's a 3 stage. It has LED lighting ontop/white and blue lights. Bluetooth? Control at panel Wirelessremote (1)...
  2. New Jersey
    Selling my 12 foot Minn KotaTalon shallow water anchor. It's One years old. I got itin Aug 2018. Nothing is wrong with it,works great. Just upgrading to a bigger boat next year. It's a 3 stage. It has LED lighting ontop/white and blue lights. Bluetooth? Control at panel...
  3. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    **SOLD** PLEASE DELETE Anyone in need of an 18# Anchor? Greetings. I am currently boatless. I have an 18 pound anchor that I have no use for. Any interest? Maybe $25? or maybe a spot on your boat if I deliver it? Located in Dalton MA
  4. Hudson River
    I'm going to fish with herring for the first time on Saturday, does it work best to drift or anchor and drop the bait to the bottom? Thanks.
  5. Hudson River
    Tried our luck for the first time ever on Thursday. Fished at the Troy dam. No fish but learned a lot. It was very difficult to get the anchor to hold on the rock bottom. What do you all use for an anchor?
  6. The Striper Forum
    I can never seem to anchor my 18' trophy on the oyster bars in the middle Chesapeake, does anyone have anysuggestions on what kind of anchor I should use?
  7. Saltwater Species
    Hey guys I have a question about Porgy behavior that I can’t seem to find anywhere online. Me and my friend are planning a porgy trip on our kayaks. We live on the shore and there is an extremely rocky area of the sound that we fish all time. Lately I’ve been jigging 1/4oz jigs with soft...
  8. Boating Beginners
    hello everyone, I have purchased my first boat, a 23ft pontoon, and have some questions about anchoring. The dealer who has not been the most easy person to deal with has given us a dinky looking and feeling fluke style anchor. It cant weigh more then 10 or 15 pounds. we are anchoring in the...
  9. Kayaking Stripers
    I have an Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13 but need an anchor. I was looking at this one: http://store.oceankayak.com/products/314047/Folding_Anchor_Kit Not sure how long it is though... What do you guys use? One you made yourself or something you bought from the store?
  10. Boaters Forum
    At the beginnig of the 09 season on my 19.5' center console I installed a horizontal windlass and a medium anchor roller for my danfoth anchor. Best 1,000 ever spent. Are there any tricks to help it self launch?
  11. Boaters Forum
    Anyone ever use one of those things to slow down a drift or does that make the bait presentation unnatural? Sometimes the drift in the mouth of the river where I fish can move at a pritty good clip. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with these. Maybe it would give me more time to fish...
  12. Delaware River
    HELLO EVERYONE I'M NEW HERE AND TO THE RIVER I WAS WONDERING WHAT KIND OF ANCHOR I SHOULD USE AND HOW MANY POUNDS IT SHOULD BE. ALSO IF I SHOULD USE 2 ANCHORS ONE IN THE BACK AND ONE IN THE FRONT OUR IS THAT NOT GOOD TO DO. WHERE CAN I FIND A MAP OF THE RIVER WITH DEPTHS AND CHANNELS THATS...
  13. Massachusetts
    Trying to slow down to troll. 21ft I/O I have tried prop change, Idle is set cannot slow down. I am thinking about trying drift anchors. Anybody have any experience using?? I think I will try to small ones over the bow, starboard & port??
  14. Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
    WOW roc, 800 feet of anchor line? Under what circumstances would you use that much? Are you anchoring/bottom fishing in 300 feet of water?
1-14 of 14 Results