Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 36 Results
  1. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I am building a salt water library and this book has been recommended. I fish Florida in the early spring a would like a good reference for tarpon.
  2. The Striper Forum
    Hi, I've been using a 9 inch sluggo and have been doing pretty well. I've heard from a lot of people that Bill Hurley's Striper Magnets are also very effective. Personally which do you guys think works better the sluggo or the striper magnet? Thanks
  3. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    Recreational sector generates six times the jobs, 12 times the sales of commercial industry RALEIGH, NC - North Carolina has the opportunity to increase the economic impact of fishery management to the entire state with a single bill - H.B. 353, a bill to make striped bass, red drum and...
  4. Carolina Coast - Hatteras - OBX
    Jeffrey Weeks North Carolina can make powerful strides in its fisheries management if a new bill is passed granting much-needed gamefish status to red drum, speckled trout and striped bass. Although these species make up less than 2% of the state's commercial harvest their value to the...
  5. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    by Dan Bacher Indybay.org - Link Wednesday Mar 17th, 2010 8:14 AM Everybody who cares about striped bass and other collapsing fish populations on the embattled California Delta should attend the Committee hearing on April 13 and write letters to show their opposition to Fuller's striped bass...
  6. Saltwater Licence Registry Links/Regulations/Laws
    MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010 **SENATE SESSION 2:00 PM Senate Chambers Voting Session: S221 [Kean, Sean T.+2], Fishing gear on artificial reefs-proh.
  7. Saltwater Licence Registry Links/Regulations/Laws
    S221 Prohibits the use of certain fishing gear on artificial reefs. Unanimously passed by the Senate Environment & Energy Committee this morning. A statement was made early that "I think we need a bigger room!" A standing room only hearing room was witnessed once again to a unanimous decision...
  8. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    Well guys this is a very important day for all striper fishing as this bill not only effects the Mass fishing , but since these great fish migrate up & down the coast will effect the stripers in many states...We on the west coast sent many letters to politicians in Mass explaining how we travel...
  9. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    Defeat of Water Package Shows Power of the Grassroots by Dan Bacher Link Sunday Sep 13th, 2009 9:04 AM Defeat of Water Package Shows Power of the Grassroots by Dan Bacher The defeat of both the water policy bill and $11.8 billion water bond on Friday, September 11 was a clear victory by...
  10. Massachusetts
    Today- Some video clip frpm the S.jettie http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l258/namylevets/?action=view&current=HCbill-PIsouthjettie.flv http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l258/namylevets/?action=view&current=HCbill-PIsouthjettie2.flv couple of die hards Looking at South (near) and North...
  11. Stripers on the Fly
    Bill Henry caught his first striper on the fly on Wednesday night, Bill has only the use of one hand and he uses an Italian made Franco Vivarelli reel which uses a pumping lever to retrieve line. It was pretty cool watching him tackle that fish he was a bit exhausted afterwards
  12. Boaters Forum
    E15 will replace E10! EPA deadline for comments 5/21/2009. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This month, on April 21st, 2009, ACE, Growth Energy and 54 ethanol producers submitted a formal waiver application to the EPA, to get approval to increase...
  13. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    The Jean Fuller (R) bill to iradicate all stripers was defeated today, when they realized the over whelming opposition to this bill..She represents the Grower who demand more & More water each year...They figured by eliminating the opposition ( Fisherman) who fight the water wars in court...
  14. The Striper Forum
    Re: Mass Striper Bill and Calif AB1253 Bill Where do I start? I've been reading the pros and cons on the Mass Bill and thinking that you have a priviledge to do something about it. I don't think you need a history lesson on the stripers and their past history. Game fish status would bring back...
  15. The Striper Forum
    Below is a shortened version of a bill that is gaining steam in CA legislature that will encourage anglers to basically fish out all of the striped bass in their waters. You can find the entire bill here http://www.assembly.ca.gov/acs/acsframeset2text.htm Here's just a few lines of the bill...
  16. Massachusetts
    I don't know if anyone has seen the Massachusetts Bill regarding striped bass. It not only wants to do away with the commercial sale of Striped Bass caught in Massachusetts Waters but it also imposes a 01 fish per day limit on recreational anglers and no possession of striped bass from 26" to...
  17. Rhode Island Fishing
    Introduced today, establishing a saltwater license and raising the fees on hunting and fishing license. http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText09/HouseText09/H5203.pdf
  18. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    Introduced today, establishing a saltwater license and raising the fees on hunting and fishing license. http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText09/HouseText09/H5203.pdf One of the co sponsors is in Warre RI and is friends of my sons in laws we will be talking to him. I don't think he thought this...
  19. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    I took this off another site. Richard Roy Proposes Commerical Striper Bill permalink This was posted on Stripers Forever's Website: Stripers Forever Connecticut - here is a matter of the greatest importance for the future of striped bass. Representative Richard Roy of Milford, CT has...
1-19 of 36 Results