2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here) - Page 26 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Bump bump bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2015, 03:38 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Bump for easy personal reading of last 3 years
Old 01-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Dumb luck fisherman

Bump just to say I was here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Striper Hunter

Hi All,
Hope everyone is surviving the winter and anticipating the spring run.
Hey Jason, I see you are keeping company with some pretty good bass fisherman. Had to laugh, you could both pass for brothers. He is intense as you are. I am officially retired now so I will have plenty of time to get out this year.
Hoping the family stays healthy so I have plenty of time to be on the water.
Is there a new site for 2015 to share stories yet?
Looking forward to a good year, hope all of you Big D fisherman are getting the itch.

John
Old 02-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

I will put up a new 2015 report thread in a few weeks when it gets closer to the opener. Can't wait my last striper trip was the first week of jan. On the beach. Im planning on chasing some rats on the beach in a week or 2 to test run some gear as soon as reels are finished up at penn. Finishing up changing hooks on all my lures this week and going to start prepping the boat next weekend as well. Hasn't been much snow this year or rain for that matter and even tho there will be some thawling from iced over ponds and lakes and small streams I expect the salinity of the river to remain high this year which will push the majority of spawning bass further up river. In previous year with Higher salinity the runs pushed further up river and made for better and longer spring fishing and I'm expecting this spring run to be one of those really good years. 09' 10' and '11 were really good spawning classes so I'm hoping and expecting an increase in the number of fish in the range of 23"-28" fish this year. As far as the spawners go that's a wait and see type of thing and keeping fingers crossed that they have avoided the southern poachers and bunker boats. Well that's all for now hope everyone has been getting all there things in order so everything is ready to go come March 1st.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Striper Hunter

Sounds like you did the right thing with your reels. I brought one of my. Trolling reels there last year and when they had the factory up here near me I would take all our Penn reels to them. They came back better than they came out of the box new. Drags were as smooth as could be. I don't know if I will be ready by the first but it should be close.
When does the dock at Tacony go in? I may have to use Neshaminy if they are late. Thanks for getting the new 2015 report ready to go.
Maybe we can pick a radio channel so we all can share info while we are on the water. Was just a thought. Keep me posted on any news you hear on the migration. If I remember right they fish were in Delaware at Augustine Beach in April. I guess some of that warm water discharge helps to get things going.
Talk to you soon. By the way is the beach bar a dead issue now?
Old 02-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Yea beach bar is not really looking good. Still have the land it's just alot of BS with the Gov.

As for my reels yea all I have are penns so every year between 1-3 reels end up needed special attention. Usually once every other year a reel needs to go in. I put in 500 plus hours from sept-jan easily and my gear takes a beating in the surf. Not to mention back bay 100 plus hrs a year then the river 250+ hrs a year & spring surf 50+ hrs. My reels see enough action to warrent professional care.