Shore Fishing Etiquette - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Boating Beginners
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boating Beginners Beginner Boating Questions and Answers

Old 03-26-2010, 09:22 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Shore Fishing Etiquette

damn cheaters lmao
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Official Member

Good info to know!

I just got a new boat, and thankfully I already had the common knowledge to be really far out from the surf casters (Don't want lead raining down on me!). Although, at one point there was a narrow entrance to a cove and I had to get close to follow the channel. I'm still a newbie at most things, but respect goes a long way and there were some good bits in this post that ring true to my own pet peeves.

Tight lines all!

Brute
Old 02-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Remember this and you'll never do wrong:

Never do anything that forces another person to change the way they were fishing.

Example, someone is plugging a jetty. Of course they're going to be allowing their plug to sweep along into any rip lines or to possible ambush points.
Do not start casting in such a way that it forces them to have to cut the drift short.

Another one - and this one can get you killed:
NEVER step into a lineup of guys plugging and attempt to throw bait (and vica versa).

Actions like these will force the people who were there first to change the way they were fishing and get everyone upset.
Well said also don't mug meaning don't get to close when some1 is fishing give um space
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2016, 07:44 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountryGM View Post
One thing I'd mention is to not criticize somebody's choice of lure when they're fishing. It's annoying to be told that you won't catch anything with this or that. It's one thing if it's meant in a helpful way but it's another when someone has a lure superiority complex...I also want to mention my #1 fishing etiquette issue, it's a boat thing but PLEASE if you see a blitz going don't gun the engines and then drift into the blitz and ruin it for everyone else...also in the off chance a jet skier is reading this post if you see a bunch of birds and boats PLEASE don't zoom in and see what's happening...
Thats for sure
Old 02-04-2016, 08:00 AM
Official Member

Thumbs up Re: Shore Fishing Etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish2 View Post
I can't stand the guys that ride up and down the beach looking for someone else pulling in fish or watching for birds . Then they pull over get out , come over and start fishing right next to you . Now I know I don't own the beach but I wouldn't do that to anyone else so I expect it to not be done to me.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:36 PM
First Mate

I was fishing from shore on the upper Hudson, there was a boat approx. mid river and 1:00 to me 60 yrds.out,another boat pulls up and gets inbetween us, yhat means he was 30 yrds. from shore and directly IN FRONT of me. , I had two lines out. it took 10 mins before they snagged my line, I should have cut it I was so pissed. when I told him what I thought about what he did he just laughed and said there was room for everyone on the river, which there was, he could have parked ANYWHERE as there was at least 1/2 mile of open water to the next boat. It took me 20 mins to pack up and go. It would have taken him 1 min. to drive in ANY direction to fish out of my direct casting area. I want to see someone do that to me this year

got a picture of it just don't know how to add it to the post
Old 03-13-2016, 06:41 PM
First Mate

I was fishing from shore on the upper Hudson, there was a boat approx. mid river and 1:00 to me 60 yrds.out,another boat pulls up and gets inbetween us, yhat means he was 30 yrds. from shore and directly IN FRONT of me. , I had two lines out. it took 10 mins before they snagged my line, I should have cut it I was so pissed. when I told him what I thought about what he did he just laughed and said there was room for everyone on the river, which there was, he could have parked ANYWHERE as there was at least 1/2 mile of open water to the next boat. It took me 20 mins to pack up and go. It would have taken him 1 min. to drive in ANY direction to fish out of my direct casting area. I ant to see someone do that to me this year