Raritan River & Bay Area Today ( Restrictions ) - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm a banned douchebag.

Thumbs down Raritan River & Bay Area Today ( Restrictions )

This is just my opinion. No More.... Had a appointment near UB today So I decided to drive along the bay shore going west from K.P A trip I have not taken for a couple years. first up was C.W.B. drove to the the very back corner to the park with a 5 FT fence the full length of the water front on into Lawrence Harbor With NJDEP Signs saying no trespassing The Sea wall and beach are all off limits, No fishing , bathing or trespassing The Sand And sediment and Waters contain Very High Levels of LEAD. Then comes Old Bridge ( O.B ) )with their Million dollar or more Beach Pavilion and Beach. This area is also closed to the same things as L.H. I then entered S.A. Parked at the beach there. 50 Yards from the water. about 20 some guys fishing 8 partying while fishing. I was told that the night fishing there is very good. But at every one of the above spots the story was the same with the south wind blowing the fishing has been poor.
And as I have said I would not eat any fish of any kind from that bay or river.
My trip today says it all. I will stay from K.P to S.H. but return all caught. And yes to each ther own. do what you want. This is just my opinion and every one has one just like arm pits evryone has them and some stink.. Have a good day Bill
Sorry I had to add this. The beaches thru out this area were trashed also with no containers to put any in. not like from K.P to U.B and beyound where there are trash cans and the fishermen are picking up behind them selfs so Far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 08:54 PM
cityfisherman

Default Re: Raritan River & Bay Area Today ( Restrictions )

u do know this is old news and all i u have to do is take a long look and u will see that most fish we eat have some form of warning on them!!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm a banned douchebag.

Default Re: Raritan River & Bay Area Today ( Restrictions )

My experience has been that a lot of people fishing the bay area have no clue to the problem. Or the regulations for that matter. I posted it as a reminder that's all. I do not push my views on anyone. Lets go fishing. Bill