Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

zims crazy alberto knot lesson(pic's)

10K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ING 
#1 ·
this knot can be found with animated instruction in jims "knot thread"
A. make loop with leader and feed 12-14 inches of braid through

#4 ·
d. pull the two braided lines and the 2 mono leader lines at the same time being sure you do not let the XXXX look like XXXNXNX they have to be even like XXXXXXXX> as soon as this is accomplished and knot is almost tight i wet the knot while stretching it completely closed. cut both the leader line excess and the braid excess closest to knot leaving a 1/16 inch for stress on initial casting. oh; i don't cast this knot through my guides as with the 65lb power pro and 80lb fluoro leader it is quite large, but if i make the mistake of casting foul my shock leader snaps off the 6 oz sinker from the plastic loop of my sinker slide without losing my line and hook. thats how strong this knot is. hope you like it . thanks al

#5 ·
Albetos Knot is the albright with his modifications. Used for tying mono to braid.
Heres the sequence and the original albright.

The original Albright

Heres what Alberto had to say about the knot.
"Since the inception of the super lines (about 10 years ago)? there was no real mono to braid knots. And those common knots everyone recommended just didn't cut it! Because we are in the high-tech age and introducing a new material to the equation (braid with special coatings / Fluorocarbon leaders / non stretch fibers), I actually tried many recommended knots (with frustrations) so I came up with this knot for myself and Ive been using ever since. I have a few friends (& some world record friends) who loves it and will not go back. In fact, it is being well received through out (from Mexico / Costa Rica / Florida and Canada) and I am glad everyone is enjoying it.

The key to my knot is simple Make sure everything is "snug and tight". Once it is done correctly You should not have any problems! Although I noticed that there are new lines coming out with added slippery coatings (to allow more distance) it may be a good idea to dab it with crazy glue. Personally, I tie straight without it but if it adds confidence do it."

#8 ·
Thanks Zim
Albetos Knot is the albright with his modifications. Used for tying mono to braid.
Heres the sequence and the original albright.

The original Albright

Heres what Alberto had to say about the knot.
"Since the inception of the super lines (about 10 years ago)? there was no real mono to braid knots. And those common knots everyone recommended just didn?t cut it! Because we are in the high-tech age and introducing a new material to the equation (braid with special coatings / Fluorocarbon leaders / non stretch fibers), I actually tried many recommended knots (with frustrations) ? so I came up with this knot for myself and I?ve been using ever since. I have a few friends (& some world record friends) who loves it and will not go back. In fact, it is being well received through out (from Mexico / Costa Rica / Florida and Canada) and I am glad everyone is enjoying it.

The key to my knot is simple? Make sure everything is "snug and tight". Once it is done correctly? You should not have any problems! Although I noticed that there are new lines coming out with added ?slippery? coatings (to allow more distance) it may be a good idea to ?dab? it with crazy glue. Personally, I tie straight without it? but if it adds confidence? do it."
One picture is better of thousands words!

#6 ·
like i said before, this has to be the strongest knot for braid to mono. i even use it braid to braid as necessary. had i known i would be posting pics of it i would've taken pics of how fouling the cast tears the weight off and leaves the rest of the rig. should i ever do that again (i mean when i do it - cause i am human)will add to this.

#7 ·
It's my go to line to line knot. The only time I ever had one let go was when I was testing it as a long shocker attachment on spinning gear. Like any other knot it got beat on going through the guides. With conventional gear that problem doesn't exist.

Surprisingly it's a lot easier to tie then it looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.