Texoma summer fishing is here - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Oklahoma Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Texoma summer fishing is here

Though we continued to catch fish well, it has been obvious the past few days that the fish were starting to run, as they were not "holding" under the boat as we were bait fishing on an anchor. This encouraged me to put my down riggers on the boat. Yesterday, after a couple of hours of generally futile anchoring and bait fishing, I found some scattered fish and proceeded to catch a very nice box of stripers on down riggers. We were using double jig rigs running 30 - 45 feet. Today, the fish bunched up on the lower end of the lake and ran for several miles. The down rigging was fantastic and bait fishermen were catching stripers "chasing" the school. There was some top water activity, and, I am sure the fish could have been caught on spoons. Look for this pattern to hold for the next several weeks. There should be a lot of thread fin shad fry in the lake this summer as the shad are still spawning. The usually indicates a good TOP WATER season. We shall see!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	16732   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	16733  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement