If you can stand the cold - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Alabama Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Official Member

Default If you can stand the cold

Might want to let the treestand rest for a day. Hybrids are quite active right now on the flats off main river channel and larger creek channels. Busting bait on the surface and attracting flocks a gulls. Fish are fairly spread out so you might drift a ways, 10 minutes or more, between schools, but expect to hook up multiple fish when you find a school. Also, there are tons af lakers everywhere, so you won't go long without a bite from something. Only fished 1.5 hours and didnt get out on the main lake flats due to wind and choppy conditions. going back tomorrow for a full day, hopefully the wind will stay down and I can find some quality fish.

Thursday 12/2/10
Bottom bouncing 20-30 feet
1.5 hours 1:00pm-2:30pm
13 lakers
3 hybrid 4lb-6lb
1 largemouth 4lb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: If you can stand the cold

I fished eufaula a couple of times while letting my treestands rest. Caught a couple of hybrids but no stripers. Does Eufaula have any stripe,or just hybrids and white bass?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Official Member

Default Re: If you can stand the cold

If you have not already found the answer to your question, Yes. Eufaula has stripers. have caught them in numbers off the platform below the dam but only a few on the lake. Mostly while trolling. Headed out tomorrow for my first trip of the summer (ouch) new baby shut down my fishing. Hear the hybrids are schooling early AM out of Ft Gaines. Gonna give it a try. I"ll post results