Commemorative Thread - "Gone, but not Forgotten" - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum > Commemorative Threads
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Commemorative Threads Gone but not Forgotten

Old 03-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO
Default Re: Commemorative Thread - "Gone, but not Forgotten"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The good Capt. Don Cameron, has passed away this evening. I don't know all the details, but he had been battling cancer for a few months now. He was a God fearing man, and the best there was in SoCo, R.I.
He left his wife, and I know of one step son.
I will truly miss his hearty laugh, and his kindness. The good Lord took him home, tonight. He will be missed.
I had not been in the shop for over 10 years, last time I saw him was right before he emptied the Dunn's Corners shop. He had not found religion at that time, that came later, when he came back from Alaska. He certainly knew Stripers, and willingly shared all he knew with all that wanted to hear.
He certainly lived an interesting, full life. I spent many winter mornings with him and 1 of his step sons in a duck blind on the Pawcatuck, and made many hikes out to a difficult area to fish in the fall. We had some good times back then, Me and The Cap'..........................................
Rest in Peace Don Quote by Gunny Sniper

Last night Captain Don passed away. We had known he was sick and that he would likely pass away soon, but I had no idea it would be this soon. Rest in peace my friend. You have touched so many of our lives. I had the opportunity to know you for a short time, but I would like to thank you for the time you spent with me. I will miss your smiling face when I come in to complain that the eels you sold me were "defective." To see the twinkle in your eye when I tell you about the big one that got away. I will miss seeing you out on Quonnie beaches each and every morning, faithful as the sun rising, to cast a pencil during the fall run. I am glad you got in a good last season walking the beach. I will miss you, and believe me Don, I have shed a tear for your passing. An empty place is left in my heart. I wish I could see you again. Quote by TIGER

He was the source of last years eels for the Father's Day Eve.
Knew he was having this problem,,, Never thought it was going to end this way.
Yes, he will be deeply missed for many reasons.
I'll be watching the paper for date and time of ......

One for the good Captain,,,
Quote from FLOATSUM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement