Which camera to get to shoot fish photos? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 PM

Talking Which camera to get to shoot fish photos?

Just got a new Sony Cybershot with the G lens and I spent all day playing with it out on the boat. Some of the pictures turned out pretty good, but I think after today I'm hooked and I'm going to have to buy one of the bigger DSLR cameras. i'm thinking maybe the Sony Alpha 57, or I read that the Olympus E-3 is weather proof, whatever that means.... Any thoughts? The guys we went out with today actually had an awesome Nikon DSLR D5100. If they send me some of the pics they took, I'll post them up here so we can see what the big camera gets the little one doesn't.

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Which camera to get to shoot fish photos?

Nice fish!!

I have a Sony Cybershot camera as well, and as you can tell from some of the above photos, it has trouble with motion no matter what you do with the settings. That's my biggest beef with that camera. My android phone takes better action photos.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Official Member

D5100 is good but I think they have D5200 out now good little cameras. But what you want to spend your moola on is the piece of glass that go's on the camera. With Nikon what is good if you do upgrade later the same lens will work with your new Nikon. Try to get the fastest lens you can afford or are willing spend on it at least 2.8 how much you going to spend on the new setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 02:26 AM

Pentax and Olympus make decent waterproof cameras. They are digital both point and shoot.
Retail around 300 bucks.
The pentax behaves as well now as when I bought it in 07.

I use the canon rebel TS1 dslr with the auto stabilizer lenses for land not near water. No motion issues at all.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 AM
Striper Hunter

I've been carrying around a new Pentax WG-1 all weather camera. I fly fish a lot and love taking underwater shots of my catches and this camera is like a dream. Takes awesome pics and videos. Don't have to worry about dropping it in the water or pulling it out for a shot in the rain. Also good for taking those macro shots of your newly tied flies.