Salt Water License? - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News > Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws State game thief and Poacher hotlines / U.S. State Trailering Laws / Registration & Guidelines / Regulations / DNRs / Wildlife fish and game / and other govermental agencies / Park service Pass / Fees / News , fishing bills, conservation, regulations pertaining to the striped bass

View Poll Results: How do you feel about a salt water license?
Yes I am for it! 19 32.76%
No way not me! 39 67.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2008, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Salt Water License?

I know a number of people who first became 'hooked' (pun intended) on fishing b/c you don't need/have to pay for a saltwater license. Most of them went on to buy freshwater licenses, bought gear and got into the sport. In the long run, I think thats what benefits fishing as a whole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Fly fishin' geek

Here in Maine our Governor is so crooked he has to screw his socks on in the morning. He's already spending like $2 Million just to mow the damn lawn in Augusta.
There is SO much money flowing into our state and little or none of it gets used as its supposed to. Our technology is non existent in Maine, our DHHS system is doing nothing but leeching millions, and for some reason the people who are supposed to represent us are deathly araid of putting some good accountants on the case to find out whos stealing all the tax money.

This salty license thing is going to keep Marine patrol running around checking everyone wallet. instead of focusing on safety and boating laws. I'm sure the state will find new and exciting ways to flush the millions they make on the first few years fines and license fees. Eventually the casual tourist to Maine won't bother to buy the license and Maine will fall off the map for a destination as a salt water fishing location.

At the very least, I believe natives of the state should be exempt from salty licenses for their own state. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to our government, but sometimes I just can't believe the things they do.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Striper Hunter

If the money goes back into fishing im ok with it.
If its going into Gov't healthcare, HIV ed., Someones new swimming pool, or whatever there latest pet project happens to be...... I'm against it.

I'll use DC for an example. They can put millions of dollars into building the mayor (aj fenty) a new indoor swimming pool, but yet they turned right around and fired hundreds of teachers because they had to make budget cuts. Most likely to pay for his pool. They even make you buy a fishing license to fish the potomac but none of that money goes to the river. (MD and VA do all the inforcement ETC on the river)
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Striper Hunter

I feel it will find out how many of us there really is out there and spend $$$ on this resourse.----LOUIE
Old 11-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Veteran Striper Chaser

Just think. These are the same folks that protect seals from being harassed(6-9000) on the outer cape and now we need to buy a licence to watch the seals eat the bass both on and off your line. Sounds kind off stupid to me.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Striper Hunter

Just because its illegal to harrass them doesnt mean you can't eat them.
The only thing better that fried pipping plover is roasted seal.