4400 New Members in since thread began - Say Hello - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 03-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Veteran

Welcome lunchman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2006, 06:07 PM

I've only fished for Rockfish a handful of times in the middle Chesapeake, but I now live in NJ and want to get into surf fishing up here. Most of my fishing experience is with a fly rod for trout, and my goal is to hook a striper (or even a blue fish) on a fly rod -- that has got to be absolutely amazing!! Glad to see a fly rod section on this discussion board. What a great resource -- thanks to everyone who helps run this board.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Official Member

I,m in Maine and fish the kennebec and sheepscot.

Stroz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2006, 09:49 PM

I'm from Levittown, Pa and start out the season around the Trenton Makes bridge, just to check out the boat. I then run up the Hudson in late April and finish the season in the Raitian Bay and out front a little.

hey Jim, Wallenpaupack? I used to hang out there back in the day with the guys. Had not been there for over 25 years and just went to back last summer. Stayed at Wilsonville with the family last August. Where the hell did all the marinas and boats come from. I don't think there is a piece of shoreline that doesn't have a boat parked on it. I ran around the lake early every morning and couldn't mark a fish if my life depended on it. I just figured the lake was way down or maybe even dead because of the two-stroke discharge. do you do well on the lake when you go up? We used to kill'um up there back in the late 60's & 70's, muskies not bass, they had just started stocking the stripes when we stopped going. Let me know, we're probably going back up again this year.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:29 PM

LGB
I've tried a few times with little success for stripers but I
was ill prepared. They were more recon missions than anything else. A few weeks
ago I circled the lake and spoke to the new tackle shop owner at Ironwood point.
Ice still covered most of the lake. There have been some nice fish caught there
in the last few years. Last year on March 30 a guy caught a 43 pounder through the ice. Believe it or not.
Shoreline spots are limited for the public but there are two good ones off of route 6.
One is on route 570 not to far from 6 and the other is route 590 at the ramp run by PGE
https://www.stripers247.com/mapoflakewallenpaupack.htm
The bite really turns on in late May but Ill be in the salt and conquering the Hudson hopefully.

Heres athread thats good for a laugh. Chubrock
Old 03-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Official Member

Default fishin.......

If there is water ...i will fish
I have no preference saltwater brackish or fresh water, i'm down!

spring-summer-fall i will fish for stripers of a pier,bank,boat,public walkway

large mouth bass pretty much any lake i find(call me crazy) including central park.
flyfish for trout and stripers \blues anywhere anytime

Winter it's salmon and steelhead in western NY
oh and i spend thousands of dollars going to florida thinking i'm going to hook up to a marlin..........and i catch thier bait fish instead! Ha! pottytrain5.gif
Old 03-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Striper Hunter

Hi all, Just getting into this whole Striper thing. I am located up the hudson around catskill. Man, there is alot to learn. Been soaking in anything I can come across. This is sure one great site. Wish it was a little more active but guess it will get that way when the fish start to run. Thanks for all the info-and keep up the good work.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:06 PM

Anthony aka snot rocket. from kinderhook ny. just getting started on the hudson stripers. primarily willbe fishing around catskill, maybe albany if i can find time/day not too congested.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:41 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

Welcome all newbies to the best striper fishing site in the world.

If any of you guys are from NYC and want to wet a line let me know

K23
Old 03-28-2006, 12:42 AM

Hey all. I live in Manhattan but have done most of my fishing while boating off Fire Island inlet. No stripers yet, but I'm learning!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:09 PM

Hey everyone!

I fish in the Delaware mostly but a few times a I go to Cape Cod. This is my first season so I hope I catch something!
Old 03-28-2006, 06:29 PM

I recently moved to Gloucester, MA and got myself a small center console to fish from. Looking forward to the upcoming season... if I could just figure out how to win the lottery so I wouldn't have to waste valuable fishing time at work!!!

Great site here. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:06 PM

I fish the Vineyard and Nantucket Sounds.
Occasionally the Cape Cod Canal and local south cape beaches.
I have a 22' center console, always looking for mates...drop me a line.
Love this site...
Dan
Old 03-28-2006, 10:32 PM

spring... the delaware river is my back yard...from then on Im in the delaware bay with an occaisional trip to the barnagat ridge, when the weather is right .. cant get enough on tne eternal hunt for stripas
Old 03-29-2006, 01:08 AM

Default steve

i fish lake murray. mostly just for something to do. havnt had much luck this year, but have gotten lots of practice. good luck guys.