1337's Fishing Log - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:03 AM

Default 1337's Fishing Log

Well I decided to start a fishing log today even though I hardly get to go fishing. I'll update whenever I catch anything worth posting about.

July 6, 2005-John Doe Lake
I found this new lake today which is hidden on the side of the highway. I went with my bro and some friends cause it looked pretty shaddy there and it was already 7:30 p.m. To get to the actual fishing spot you had to walk quite far, but the walk was all worth it. They all used nightcrawlers while I used lures and soft plastics. My first cast was with an Excalibur Pop'n Image, from good ole Bill Dance. During my first retrieve a bass hit it hard with its tail. I continued using the lure for another 10 min with no luck. So I swithced to my YUM Wooly Hawgtail in June Bug color. On the first cast I hooked a LB. I thought it was a schoolie untill I actually pulled it out of the water and weighed it, 6lbs, this was my very first hawg ever and I didn't bring the camera! Next cast I hooked aother one which was 4lbs. When I reeled in these guys they gave a really good fight and they both jumped out of the water like 5 times. Things slowed down and we only got to fish for 45 min. I was the only one who caught fish today! It's a good thing that I saw that lake cause it's hard to find a good lake around here with bass that size. :wtg:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 06:36 PM

A 6 pound basss is a real nice bass dude!
Congrats!!

They fight like hell don't they? I love em! Especially when they dance on the water with thier tail... if you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.

If you have 2 poles to use, rig one with a Senko or Yum! Dinger. They are great for when your using something surface and a bass misses it. They wont normally hit it again, so if you throw the Senko or whatever right to where it is, I've noticed the same fish will hit it.

My 2 cents
:wtg:
Old 07-07-2005, 06:59 PM

Thanx Kev, I know what you mean, thats what happend with me. The hawg never came back to the popper so I threw the Yum wooly hawgtail out there and on that first cast I hooked em! Oh yeah I almost forgot, the second fish I caught had the Yum down his throat and swallowed it. Do you know if they just spit back out or do they digest it?? These fish sure do put on a great show for ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 07:04 PM

Yeah, especially that time at my lakehouse last weekend when I was in my kayak at 6:30 AM on my lake and I hooked into a big one and it dragged my kayak like 50 feet and it didnt jump at all during that whole time until it awas right next to the kayak and I could see it and looked at me and jumpped right there and spit the hook and got me drenched

Anyway, that was pretty funny. Thing must've been atleast 5 pounds.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:07 PM

Fish really drag you like that on a yak?? I saw this guy yak fishing out in the ocean and he hooked into this huge shark and the shark barely took him on a ride. That muse be scary as hell to hook into a shark while in a yak!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:06 PM

Yeah I can imagine that probably is pretty creepy.
He probably had a longer yak and he might've been pulling back on the shark with the peddles.

My yak is 9'9", and all it has is a keel. I think thats what it is. That thing that is attached to the kayak for added stability. It dragged me a ton!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Veteran

I wonder if the bass pull the Riddler, where he gets a big one. :huh:
Old 07-08-2005, 05:07 PM

July 8, 2005-NJDMV
This has nothing to do with fishing but I just had to post it. Today at 9:00 a.m I went to take my driver's license test. It was pouring like crazy and this was my very first time ever driving in the rain. On the way there my dad told me to drive and I could feel the car hydroplaning. First I did the K-turn then parallel parking. After that, I drove on the highway and through some country roads. The country roads were extremely flooded and I was going about 20mph in a 35. When we came back the instructor said I passed and I did a great job! I had to drive to a whole nother county 20 min away to get my license. Upon arrival I filled out all the necessary paperworks and they took my picture. After my license printed out I noticed that my date of birth was wrong. So they took another picture and when that printed out the picture was all messed up. On the third time they finally got it right. So now that I have my license I can take off with my parent's car, untill i get my own, and get it smelling all fishy.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:16 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Cool man...let me be the first to congratulate you an your conquest :wtg:

When I got my license (like a hundred years ago LOL) it was snowing like a blizzard,the guy made me drive him around to do his errands so he wouldnt have to stop on his way home I was scared to death he would flunk me

Back on the fish towing the boat thing.... a 30 lb striper can turn my 18' 2200 lb boat in circles.... :shrug:
Old 07-08-2005, 05:18 PM

Congrats Leet!!! I remember when I got my license,,,, almost 1 million miles ago (not exagerating). Still a thrill to get behind the wheel and drive. I get to do another road trip in a few weeks to pick up a boat that was given to me. 44 hour round trip in 2 days,,, luv it!!! :coffee:
Old 07-08-2005, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus
When I got my license (like a hundred years ago LOL) it was snowing like a blizzard,the guy made me drive him around to do his errands so he wouldnt have to stop on his way home I was scared to death he would flunk me. Back on the fish towing the boat thing.... a 30 lb striper can turn my 18' 2200 lb boat in circles.... :shrug:
Thanx Rock, I hear ya. When I was getting my 6 hours behind the wheel, the instructor had me stop at a 7/11 to get some drinks and after that he told me to drive to the bank so that he could deposit some money! . He was really cool though and he helped talke away your nervousness by cracking jokes about other students.
As for the boat pulling, I can't wait to be taken on a good ride with my kayak.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitrunner
I get to do another road trip in a few weeks to pick up a boat that was given to me. 44 hour round trip in 2 days,,, luv it!!!
Thanx baitrunner! Free boat?, can't beat that. Where you picking it up and what kind?? :wtg:
Old 07-08-2005, 08:00 PM

My dad called me up last night and told me that I could have it as an anniversary present if I'd come to Missouri and pick it up. He just finished refurbishing the whole thing too, so it's in tip-top shape and ready to go in the water. He's only had it in the lake 3 times since he finished it this spring and said I'd get a lot more use out of it, which is true. Never been in salt before. It's a 1977 16 ft Renken Bowrider, 4cyl OMC I/O, with a fairly new roller trailer. I'm so stoked,, if I had the gas money right now I'd head out tonight to pick it up. I'll spend at least $450 on gas to make the trip with my truck, but that's nothing for a nice boat!! It's not the "perfect" fishing boat, but it will sure beat the heck out of the kayak I've been looking at.

I couldn't believe it when he told me he wanted to give it to me. I was speechless. I guess taking him fishing when he came to visit last weekend, and getting him hooked up on his first striper, got him thinking. I never saw it coming.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:04 PM

Congrats man and that's an awesome dad you got there! :yeah:
Old 07-08-2005, 08:26 PM

Leet a 6 poundah thats HUGE!!!! Congrats!!!