What's your record, in a day? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 06-08-2004, 02:48 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default What's your record, in a day?

So what's your catch record in a day for Stripered Basses?

Mine is 27. All caught at the trestle, aka "The Basshole", in the Hampton Marsh last Summer. None of them keepers LMAO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2004, 08:56 PM

The most i caught in a day was 37.........i don't know if i told you the story of my friend and i hitting by chance, the herrin run 2 years ago but, thats the reason for the amount. the only reason we left that night was that are arms were tired and i dont know whether or not i could have reeled in anymore. most of them keepers.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

Master of His Domain
Old 06-10-2004, 06:45 PM

33 - 6 on worms, then I tied on the popper and 27 more in about 1 hour.

Sweet, but they were all 15-20".

Best "big" day was last fall. Grabbed 16 25-35" on a popper at sunset in about 1 hour, then added another 8 keepers after dark on dannys.

I'd consider that my best day as 24 over 25" beats 33 under 20"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2004, 08:30 PM

awesome charlie,

i did almost the same thing last summer. I walked out to a rock off my beach and plugged over the eel grass. It was one of those days where the ocean was like glass and there was a slight wind. You could see the disturbance behind the plug as i worked it towards me. knowing i was about to get hit, i'd actually slow or stop my plug to let them hit it. the bite was so good, i took my video camera out of my bag and set it up on the rock behind me, i thought it would make a great video, seeing them hitting my plug. i ended up landing about 20 in 45 minutes, all in the 20-25" range. called it a day and when i went to review my video, i noticed that my battery had died in the first few minutes. i had a great video of me putting the plug on and thats it. figures.

aka surfcastermaster

Master of His Domain
Old 06-11-2004, 10:56 AM

Briggs - Excellent popper point.

When people work a popper they sometimes forget to pause or even stop for a moment. Lots of times the first fish will MISS and all you will see is a swirl behind your plug.

Funny thing is, human instinct is to say "hey, that thing is gonna bite my plug" and pull it AWAY from the fish. WRONG MOVE.

Like you describe, if you see a swirl slow down or stop to let the fish hit your plug.

Almost ALL my popper catches are on the pause, or after I saw a swirl and slowed WAY down to let the fish catch my plug.

That would have been one hell of a video. To me, there is nothing more exciting than fishing with poppers - you see the whole thing!
Old 06-11-2004, 11:22 AM

Thanks charlie,

To me, there is nothing like that adrenilyn (bad spelling) rush when you know something is about to hit you. i get almost the same rush when i start feeling that nibbling and pulling at night but as far as the rush goes, its the swirls behind your popper and a little fin or tail action just before she attacks during the daylight. i'm like a kid that knows whats inside the present on xmas morning and cant wait to open it, hahaha.

One of my favorite plugs is the popper that sinks slowly when you stop, has a white bucktail on the back. it seems to me that when that plug just goes under the surface, they hit it harder. the regular floating poppers and my kastmaster are the next favorites.

In all the action the other night, i forgot to post that one of the keeper stripers had half a tail. and what does that tell us class? hahaha..........it tells us that the Blues are starting to show their ugly heads. i'll tell everyone what i tell my friend when we're fishing the darkness. "you better make sure what ya got before you try to pick it up by the lip.

aka surfcastermaster

Master of His Domain
Old 06-11-2004, 11:34 AM

Back 5 to 7 er 8 years ago me & my bud used to fish out of Bridgeport Conn,,& using regular Large Mouth bates we've had probably 8 to 12- 100 bass days between the 2 of us.

We had 1 year out on the Hudson(about 6 er 7 years ago) where we caught between the 2 of us 170 lbs of Stripers,,,in the same day!!!! MAN THAT WAS AN AWSOME YEAR!!! Smallest fish was about 12 lbs. Caught a bunch of 20 to 35 lbers that day!!!

8)
Old 06-11-2004, 11:40 AM

SOUNDS GREAT SLICE !!!!! gotta love days like that. you never want to leave.

aka surfcastermaster

Master of His Domain
Old 06-15-2004, 08:43 PM

I would too Briggs!!!!!! Now I can take some of you boys to one of the many rivers around here and have a heyday catching smallies or trout! Break out the depends undergarments!!!