CAUTION: EXPLICIT WORDS HERE: Can we discuss religion and politics here or what? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 11:26 PM

Exclamation CAUTION: EXPLICIT WORDS HERE: Can we discuss religion and politics here or what?

Hey, how 'bout a Politics and Religion area on this site where we as Americans could express our RELIGIOUS beliefs without being run through the humanistic and atheist muck every time we poke our head out of hiding and get real about what we believe in?
Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.
We're free because Jesus set us free, from sin, death and hell.
Three very real, and powerful influences in everyone's life.
I'm not spreading a disease when I speak of Christianity. I'm not claiming to be a pacifist, nor a war monger. Nor am I claiming to be perfect.
I do claim to believe in Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.
He died for my sins, so I wouldn't pay the penalty of death for my very real sins.
His death paid for my sins.
I accept Him as my substitute, when I approach Almighty God, instead of standing there guilty of sin, the Blood of Jesus covers me, and I am washed of all my sin.
I still live in a body that wants and desires to sin, so I'm not sinless, even today, I'm forgiven past sin, and can go to my Father in heaven with any current sin, ask forgiveness, and He is the one Faithful to forgive me my sin and cleanse me of all unrighteousness. Which makes me completely clean again as if I'd never sinned.
So, that's a little of what I believe, and it's enough to get saved on, that Jesus died for YOUR sin, and if you can believe that and accept that as a FREE gift from God, you too can know Jesus as your personal Savior.
Feel free to PM or email if I can be of any assistance, or pray w/you. Or, JB, tell you you're going to hell:)
God Bless,
Jeff

Last edited by LittleMiamiJeff; 11-11-2006 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2006, 12:23 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default Re: CAUTION: EXPLICIT WORDS HERE: Can we discuss religion and politics here or what?

DIFFERENCE: You're are "offended" by Atheist's and Realist's. I'm not offended by what you believe. It's the Christian mind that so hurriedly casts out and reacts to the "non-believer". Personally, I respect someone who stands by a set a beliefs, lives by them, and neither harms or interferes with another. I hold no ill will towards a Christian, Muslim, or Jewish individual. It's the ideas that I question. Yet even after this explaination, the religious individual will do everything to avoid accepting this reality.

Secondly, I personally believe Jesus Christ existed, atleast thats what the historical texts show us. The question, to me, isn't whether he existed or he didn't. It's what or who he was. Was he the "messiah", did he have "magic powers", or was he just some rasputin like charlatan? I do not have a problem with those who believe he was the former, I merely raise the question.

My main concern is with arrogance that is readily exuded from the "faithful", like the "I'll pray for you", or, "you're going to hell" stuff, etc etc. Also questionable, and to some morally objectionable, is how people can pray to a "god" who for instance will supposedly save one person in a natural disaster, but allow a small child to drift and drown in a flood. Also insteresting, is how the Christian church refuses to recognize St. Thomas/Dead Sea Scrolls, and the idea that "god is everywhere". That very idea is seen as a threat, because it states that god can be found everywhere, not just in a church of wood or stone, and that could mean no more fundage from the parish. These are just some of the questions and the reasons for them.

You must recognize the necessity for balance in nature. Without "non-believers", your system of belief would crumble. It's like the yin, and the yang. Hot and cold. Without one, there can be no other. "Heaven" and "hell". "God" and "Satan". Good and bad. Nature is balance. Without the action, there can be no reaction. These belief systems were created on the very basis of these natural primordial laws.

Lastly, it is not you that should feel any worry about expressing your views. I actually respect them and welcome them. It is me that must worry, I have already been "demoted" because of how I believe. And this only reinforces the "Atheist muck" and common negative reaction to Christianity. I actually believe in something greater than myself and man, however I refuse to try to illustrate it, make up characters and stories for it, and then use it to do "god" knows what. It is the "heathen", the "non-believer" who is the minority here, and who is cast out for not conforming or accepting the popular majority's idea of what is "righteous", NOT vice-versa. This has been happening for thousands of years. Enslaved and slaughtered. Cast down. It has happened here, right now, and again, it only adds mucho reinforcement to the "Atheist" or non-believer argument that is referred to as "muck". So to sit and wonder why people question a certain belief system seems quite silly. It's right in front of you.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Re: CAUTION: EXPLICIT WORDS HERE: Can we discuss religion and politics here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
It is me that must worry, I have already been "demoted" because of how I believe
You and I both know why you were demoted and I'm really tired of dealing with the negativety. If you want people to believe that it was about your beliefs so be it but I must also say your insults to my brother sealed the deal.
He might not care what your thoughts on the way things were handled here behind the scenes, however I'm inclined to personalize them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2006, 01:40 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Actually, no I dont Jim. I dont know why. Because I was never contacted and given an explaination. Typical behind-the-scenes buttonhook.

Dont worry, we all get it now, you can only agree with Christianity here. No discussion against it, or even about it for that matter. It's not allowed. Conform, or be cast out. Christian Right-Wingers are preferred, others are accepted depending on how vocal they are against the Majority. If you're too vocal, you're no good. Sounds like regular Christian Europe. Conform or meet the sword! King Henry II would be proud!

Old 11-12-2006, 02:08 AM

Unhappy Re: CAUTION: EXPLICIT WORDS HERE: Can we discuss religion and politics here or what?

Sorry for hijacking your thread Nu2
Jon you obviously prefer the dialogue to be public.
You downloaded the vb using the access key without permission and uploaded the forum after i told you I paid for a professional install. Previously you were dead against the vbulletin.
The impex import was interupted because it had gone live -- with 4 members on it.
Evidently our work was not fast enough for you. I reminded you that the site pays the bills and its upload and migration were primary. The server and subsequent move to an upgrade took time that was in short supply. Mikey has a career outside of his volunteer work with the cpanel.
You called him a clown; or as you spun it "his actions clowny".
I didnt make that clear enough to you during the process? I told you what i thought of that after the comment. That is why. Period!!! Now everybody knows why a demotion from administrator to moderator was in order. Then I decided I'd rather not have my moderators insult or brow beat other members.
As far as your agnostic,athiest, christian views or whatever I honestly couldn't give a greasy steamer.
Closed Thread