"Real" Member of the Year 2005 thread lol - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:21 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default "Real" Member of the Year 2005 thread lol

How bout Leet? He's busy with life nowadays, but before starting school he helped us out with some kickass logo designs not only for the board, but for hats and shirts, etc. He's a great kid, who speaks like he's older than he really is. For example..after fixing the Search index structure, I searched for and found some old thread, one of which contained some great posts by a few Members. This one was from Leet...

"Bravo brother Jim and brother Jonny for all your ball busting hard work towards the site and the same goes out to all the mods!
It seems like people now a days just never appreciate anything and all they do is 8itch! I'm pretty sure Jonny that some people on the board don't realize just how hard it is to spend your valuable time with all the scripting and adding of all the rich features that you have bestowed upon this outstanding fishin forum and to have one little mistake after managing the site for nearly two years is a miracle. So to Jim, Jonny, and the rest of ya cool cat mods, keep up the GOOD WORK! "

And what about Tony? I definitely have him as a candidate too He offers good subjects for conversation, which is especially nice in the Winter when alot of us arent fishing much. He also converses here in a way that NEVER attacks the mesenger...he focuses on the messenger instead, which is how everyone should conduct themselves in a conversation/debate. Here's a great post from Tony, comes from the same thread I found Leet's post....

Tony -

"Thanks jbrotz. I don't understand Blades issue at all. He questions why a thread was locked or closed. What he fails to realize is that most of us want those threads, which get into flaming, locked, or even better closed. As I've said before, I've seen great forums turn bad because mods don't realize fast enough that most people get enough controversy in their daily lives and they don't want to experience it on the Internet.

I have had this conversation with our mods before on another thread several months ago and asked them to lock that thread. They listened to me and locked it. This time, they didn't wait for someone like me to suggest it; they were pro-active and closed it. That's what I want them to do. "

I think I'll go 'head and throw "Brotzy Jr." in as a good candidate too lol. Since joining, he has been a frequent Member and supporter. And I think it just was too cool how he found the board and came into everyday contact with his Dad, Roccus. I think that happening alone makes him a good candidate. It really shows how the Community can not only bring strangers together through our hobby, but can also bring family members together too :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 08:27 PM

congrats guys
Old 01-30-2006, 10:45 PM

We are extremely lucky to have a core group who are so respectful helpful and knowledgeable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 09:02 AM

You guys are great! I for one love the hat and wear it a lot. Anybody who doesn't get it, All the insightful topics, are just here to stir things up. As an experienced fisherman, I find something to learn all the time here. Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:04 AM

What? No nominations for the Googan Leader?

All kidding aside,, I think Jonny gets top billing in my book for all the hard work that he puts into the site.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:03 AM

All great choices, with the exception of that tonydb guy. He stirs the pot too much.

My vote goes to Jbrotz, Joe Jr. Why, because here's a young man that is successfully raising a young family while serving his country. He's very respectfull of others....I have never seen him post an unfair comment about anyone, well maybe his dad, but I'm sure that was in jest. When we get into discussions of ones country, it's clear where his allegence is but, at the same time, he's always open to other ideas and opinions.

Besides, we may as well keep it in the family. Didn't Roc win it last year?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:27 PM

Yuppers, I'm pretty sure you're right, Roccy was da man in 0-fo'wah

Good choice for a candidate Tony!

Anyone else got any candidates???

Old 01-31-2006, 06:08 PM

I think our junior members should get a shout out as well. I for one love when they post. I wish we could see more of the junior fishermen getting involved.
PS. Good choice for Joe Jr. I had the pleasure of meeting both Joes in person at the hook on Thanksgiving. .
JB goes without saying Bait. But Im glad you said it. :)
Old 01-31-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I think our junior members should get a shout out as well
I appreciate that jim. thank you.

and thankss soo much for everything u did for the site, same wiht you JB.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:33 PM

Mikey, Hopefully you will be able to come here when your my age and older!

Old 01-31-2006, 07:38 PM

i hope so too jonny
Old 02-01-2006, 11:41 AM

I thank you all for your thoughtful suggestion but there are many others on this site that do a lot more than I for this site. Tony, as for dogging out my old man, it's always in good jest. I have the greatest respect for my dad and all he does. I definately wouldn't be where and who I am today if it wasn't for him. He has nurtured me well and I love that guy more than anything. I always try to keep an open mind when posting and I respect every members opinion's. I love this site and thanks to all for their contributions. If it wasn't for this site, my Dad and I probably wouldn't be able to talk nearly as much as we do. I look forward to meeting many more members of the site in the future. As for now, I'm getting ready to head to the med. I probably won't be too active for the next couple of weeks but I'll try to check in when I get a chance. Happy fishing's to all.
joe jr.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:49 PM

Joe
Stay safe over there.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:55 PM

Ditto from the Merrill family!

Old 02-02-2006, 09:41 AM

Come back safe Joe Jr.