2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 8 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:24 PM
jetinray

Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemteacher View Post
That Marcus Hook Buoy must be off or it is in shallow water??

Success today!! Limited on trout in the AM and my first striper was just shy of 24". Several shorts with a few near 20". The weather was much better. The fish are on the way into the river. Post a pic later.
Sounds like a good day. I plan on hitting the big D at the end of the week. What were the bass hitting on bloods?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 09:52 PM
chemteacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfishin View Post
Sounds like a good day. I plan on hitting the big D at the end of the week. What were the bass hitting on bloods?
Yep - bloodworms. We didn't break out the clams this trip. I need to catch some creek crubs for the next trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	First of 2013.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	16362  
Old 03-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Striper Hunter

Wow, nice job teach!!! Well today there was some lumps in the Gravy!! We were out all day, got two cats, hooked something BIG, but it came off. It was a great day to be on the river! The Markus Hook buoy must be off, my transducer read 43 degrees! O well tight lines!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 11:03 PM
jetinray

I was going to ask if anyone broke out the chubs. I'm going to chatch a few to fish with this week
Old 03-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Beautiful fish Teach!!! I was trying to get a buddy up this afternoon to hit the water with me but it looks like it might be another week or two before I get the boat out. I can't wait till I get to post a similar pic up here on the boards. Awesome job!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:04 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
That Marcus Hook Buoy must be off or it is in shallow water??

Success today!! Limited on trout in the AM and my first striper was just shy of 24". Several shorts with a few near 20". The weather was much better. The fish are on the way into the river. Post a pic later.
Good job man! Did u use the trout for bait? I almost was tempted to go grab a few for the river today but didn't think it was enough bass around yet to live line those suckers and had enough chunken materials. You in Pa waters or south?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 AM
chemteacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Good job man! Did u use the trout for bait? I almost was tempted to go grab a few for the river today but didn't think it was enough bass around yet to live line those suckers and had enough chunken materials. You in Pa waters or south?
Thought about using the trout, but I saved them for Easter dinner. I also didn't think they would make to the river alive. We have been fishing from the CBB down to Cherry Island Flats.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Got out today with my boy Saltlife from the barn we fished it hard from 8:30-2pm with bloods clam and bunker ended up with one striper about 15" on blood and one catty about 10lbs on clam and had several hits and misses after I dropped him off I went back out...big mistake smh pin snapped in the propeller and lost power to navigate was stranded as the rains and winds picked up and not one boat on the river for a tow. Had to all Phila marine unit and they came and got me to the ramp Tks a lot to Al and Ed of the philadelphia marine unit I owe them a lot.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	16365  
Old 03-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Not a good way to end the day.....hope I can do a quick fix so I can get back out tomm...
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	90
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	16366  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

I had a feeling I could have fixed it out there but I jus couldn't get at the shear pin as rough as is was out there at the time but I'm back replaced the shear pin and I'm good to go for tomm be back out there at 9am
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	77
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	16367  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:48 PM
chemteacher

Quote:
I had a feeling I could have fixed it out there but I jus couldn't get at the shear pin as rough as is was out there at the time but I'm back replaced the shear pin and I'm good to go for tomm be back out there at 9am
Not a good day! Better luck tomorrow. Where and when will you be heading out?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Got out today with my boy Saltlife from the barn we fished it hard from 8:30-2pm with bloods clam and bunker ended up with one striper about 15" on blood and one catty about 10lbs on clam and had several hits and misses after I dropped him off I went back out...big mistake smh pin snapped in the propeller and lost power to navigate was stranded as the rains and winds picked up and not one boat on the river for a tow. Had to all Phila marine unit and they came and got me to the ramp Tks a lot to Al and Ed of the philadelphia marine unit I owe them a lot.
Damn MU.... Scary sanrio, sorry to hear that! Pin just snapped?? I hope you get patched up and back on the river soon! Good to hear your safe!!
Gravy!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Official Member

Quote:

Glad you made it back safe. It can get iffy out there in a small boat when the wind kicks up. I've had some fun rides with the motor running
Old 04-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Dumb luck fisherman

went down to the pier under the CBB for an hour and 15 minutes today. Switched up my bait to a super secret catfish killer of mine and managed to pull in a 23" and 21". There was another that fell off in mid air when my phone rang and I got distracted. looked a little smaller than the first two. off to work now, but not a bad way to start the week.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Not a good day! Better luck tomorrow. Where and when will you be heading out?
Getting a late start today but I'm heading out now going out from the ramp at linden today.