Lake Wiley, South Carolina - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > South Carolina - Interior
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM

Default Lake Wiley, South Carolina

Anybody know if there are striper in Lake Wiley ?? My brother-in-law just moved there a few weeks ago, he's not a fisherman but told me the lake looked fishy. Anyone been there ?? Fished there ?? A guy he works with said he caught 250 white perch last weekend there, could be a fish story, and I know fisherman do not lie..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Lake Wiley, South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54EXPRESS View Post
Anybody know if there are striper in Lake Wiley ?? My brother-in-law just moved there a few weeks ago, he's not a fisherman but told me the lake looked fishy. Anyone been there ?? Fished there ?? A guy he works with said he caught 250 white perch last weekend there, could be a fish story, and I know fisherman do not lie..
Lake wylie is a great white perch Lake....250 wouldnt be hard the Lake is over ran with them.

Havent heard of many stripers of any size coming from there lately.
It is a wonderful lake but too many peeps there for me.Maybe weekdays would be ok for fishing but not the weekend.

I will ask around for you about the stripper bite.
Good Luck
Captain Bill
Team Flopeye
LAke watereee sc
Old 06-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Official Member

There are a few in there, but good luck finding them. Wylie is a great channel cat lake. Its full of bass and crappie, but the perch have taken over. I dont know about 250 but I have seen catches of 60+.

Look up some of the local licensed guides and let them show you where to start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 12:17 AM

Correct stripers=Lake Murray SC Lake, HArtwell.

Lake Wylie gets Bad reports all over.
Good luck
Bill
Old 06-04-2008, 08:04 PM

LAke Wylie does not have a fishable striper population. All of the fish are washover from Mt. Island, or a few may be transplanted by anglers. They are caught there occasionally, but dont plan a trip there to catch them.

250 white perch is not out of the question, but it would take some work and some time. White perch are not all over the lake like in Norman, and they attain good size there right now. As a matter of fact a well known fishing guide named Rodger Taylor just of Rock Hill, SC just tied the SC state record for white perch on Lake Wylie!!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:38 PM

some nice ones behind the Mtn Island Dam in the upper part of Wylie.