Need fishing report for Wateree - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > South Carolina - Interior
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Need fishing report for Wateree

Dash,I'd say you could probably make it in 20 min. maybe less.just guessing,I 'd say maybe 4 miles at the most(thats just guessing).I use the wateree creek landing most times, because I usually by myself,but they way gas is I'll try to find a partner to split the cost.the road to cedar creek is usually rough as all get out.If you got someone with you to drive the truck while you load and unload cedar creek is OK,but by yourself it can be tough.A lot of stripers are caught close to the landing down around the powerlines.Its getting close to time for them to be up there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2008, 12:13 PM

sent the following message to a few directly so now i'm going to throw it out there for all to respond/lean??

hello
I just retired from the Air Force & have planned a vacation at Wateree the 13th to the 20th of June with my dad. Will be staying at the Shaw AFB rec area just a mile or so up from the dam on the north side of the lake. I will have my boat/GPS & I know just a little about the lake. am looking for any info you can give to catch some nice stripers/cats. mostly catch & release but might keep a couple cats for the grill?? also if anyone knows a good website with a good map showing water depth,GPS,feeder creeks........it would be greatly appreciated. chances are I will buy a Hot Spot map when I get down there.
thanks
JD Evans
Old 04-16-2008, 11:07 PM
First Mate

Mr. Evans,that time of year the stripers will be close to where you are staying.I have some photos of some stripers and you can see the rec area in the back ground.Theres some Island right in front of the rec area around them and out from white oak creek is good,just up lake from there on the oppisite side the river channel runs close to the bank,also good.and about 1 mile down lake theres some good humps/underwater islands that is good,also the mouth of lakeside cove is good,it has a sumerged island.You can see the humps on a map.Bait is usually in clearwater cove or white oak creek,both is right there at the rec area...You will see some school chasers running the fish.I usually live bait myself...sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Official Member

Unhappy Re: Need fishing report for Wateree

Stripers are just biting on bucktail, Y is that?
Old 04-18-2008, 01:45 AM

They are killing live herring at the dam and around the deep holes also.Bucktails in alligator slew are working also,Why buck tails also work good at the dam.

The white perch are so deep it isnt funny,I waited at the dam for some folks and watched the guys kill the heck out of the white perch.