2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 38 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Braved the wind this early afternoon under the CCB. Saw a few guys drive up and turn right around. Wasn't that bad when I pulled my SUV to block the wind. Anyway there were a couple of lil bastards stealing my bait and sending my real running but I couldn't hook anything. Using the bunker I brought home from my failed weekend at SIC. One plus... my Pop gave me an old Penn reel of my grandpop's who lived in Seattle and used it to fish for Salmon. Perfect condition and about 40 years old. Kept me busy playing with it while hiding from the wind. Still haoping for a river catch.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Thankful for all the folks on here I've share this past season with on here. Happy turkey day!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Striper Hunter

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza and Festivus. My pop got me a nice high end Penn reel. Here's my issue...I can't wait to use this badboy. It's so smooth. Does anyone know if there is any other fish to fish for aside from cats in the Delaware this time of year?? I will go out in the cold just to use the new reel. Under the commodore barry is fun but is there anything that bites now...and on what? I am planning a cod trip to north NJ in feb...but that's too long to wait.

Bummer of a striper season this year.

Dave
Old 01-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Dumb luck fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfurmaniak View Post
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza and Festivus. My pop got me a nice high end Penn reel. Here's my issue...I can't wait to use this badboy. It's so smooth. Does anyone know if there is any other fish to fish for aside from cats in the Delaware this time of year?? I will go out in the cold just to use the new reel. Under the commodore barry is fun but is there anything that bites now...and on what? I am planning a cod trip to north NJ in feb...but that's too long to wait.

Bummer of a striper season this year.

Dave
If your going under the bridge, your only going to find cats. Might be too cold but I've seen cod caught on canned corn near the airport a few months ago...probably too cold down there now
Old 01-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Striper Hunter

Thanks for the cold weather reply...now there is so much ice in the river its like a glacier. Anyway, I never knew cod came up the river. (still new to river fishing). Where by the airport? I have never fished over there... I assume down that hog island road? I have heard there is fishing back there but I haven't been down that road for about 15 years since I as looking for a makeout spot with my highschool girlfriend. I read on a different blog that this guy and his son had luck above the Ben franklin on the NJ side jigging for small mouth bass on warm days after a cold snap. They targeted small holes near rock walls and the shore. This fisherman said they had great luck in the middle of last winter and he was going out out to do the same as soon as the weather broke...I never heard of such.

Spring will be coming soon.

Dave
Old 01-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Dumb luck fisherman

I don't think publicly we are allowed to get that specific on where of spot is but I will PM you in a little bit
Old 01-12-2014, 02:19 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

It's a new year lock this thread up! Use the 2014 thread! Catch'em up. I'll be on the beach Monday!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:36 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2014 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Hey MU and all you others,

It's mid march and I am dying to do some fishing. was hoping to do some cod fishing this winter but too much ice. I am ready to bust a move on the Delaware river this spring. If you read anything I wrote before I am new to the river and have been fishing below the CBB for a year and a half. My access to boat fishing became limited so I had to improvise, I have grinded it out beloow the CBB but I have never been out for a good spring river run on the Delaware. I hear Raccoon Creek across the Del in NJ is great in the spring...any info on that...anyone..anyone? Been going on word of mouth about that...I hear the cows like Raccoon Creek...anyone ever hit that? I am in Ridley, PA so I want some info on where to go. any help would be great.

Thanks.
Dave
Old 03-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Striper Hunter

Dave,
I believe most of the guys have gone to 2014 Big D reports.
Give that a try
Old 05-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Striper Hunter

any good hot spots delaware river was at cheasapeake last week couple 39" i: one 40 " dont want to travel that far