Good family fishing spot in nc/sc - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > South Carolina - Interior
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 03-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Official Member

Default Good family fishing spot in nc/sc

Hey All,

Nice board here :).

I'm up in Canada, just bought a little aluminum fishing boat we'd like to try out. We were thinking that we can drive to NC/SC in a long day's drive from the Toronto area, and that it would be warm enough down there for us to actually do some fishing maybe for a weekend.

Can anyone recommend either a good lake, or a resort/hotel whatever that we could stay at for a weekend fishing? We're not looking for trophy fishing, just someplace two adults and two kids about 10 yo. can enjoy a quiet weekend fishing.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Veteran Elite

Can't beat OBX From Corova down to Hattaras......if you stay in the middle you'll have more access to everything, once you get down to Oregon Inlet facilities get fewer and further between....Buxton is good, but quite a drive if you want to take the kids to the piers
Old 03-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Veteran Elite

Well I just noticed the boat part of the post.....You don't want to take a small boat out into the ocean there, but the sound side is typically safe enough for a small boat, just don't plan on going far if there is a threat of wind or bad weather, make sure you're a short run from the ramp.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2005, 04:21 PM

Hi water wheel.
You may even want to consider the many impoundments in the Carolinas. Lake Jordan or Lake Norman. Moultrie Wiley Hartwell. the list goes on.

Have a look here and see if its usefull.
North Carolina striped Bass
South Carolina striped Bass
or the santee cooper lakes.
South Carolina Lake Users handbook
Old 03-26-2005, 04:25 PM

I have friends that drive from Buffalo to Charlotte, I wanna say it takes em about 12 hours for that
Old 03-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Official Member

Thanks Jim! That helps a lot. Steve, I believe it is a 12-14 hour drive so I figure I can get leave late one day then make the rest of the trip the next day, leaving us enough time after arrival to get our bearings, check in, buy licenses, etc.

I will definitiely check out some of the smaller lakes. That one site you've linked to looks ideal for finding accomodations and lakes!

-glenn
Old 03-26-2005, 04:39 PM

Been down to Charlotte for the races and Lake Norman looks like a nice big lake and I know it's full of Stripers, I know if you look in the Charter forum I'm pretty sure there is a guy named Gus there. I believe he is real knowledgable about the lake.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:07 PM

Ya Lake Norman looks Awsome. Thats where bassmasters was this week 8). Looked like they caught some BIG bass in that lake.

Good Luck~