fishing from shore!!!!!! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 05-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Striper Hunter

Default fishing from shore!!!!!!

I do most of my fishing from shore in the poughkeepsie area. I fish a slip sinker above a swivel and a 2 foot leader on the bottom.. I get a lot of small hits and occasionally hook up with a cat fish. I was wondering after reading a lot of post from boaters who drift around 20 feet, if a dobber with the chunk herring about 5-6 feet from it will work, I see alot of fish jumping while fishing from sure. Anyone ever try this or have any suggestions on how to stop the cats from hitting my bait????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Member Reel Force

Cool Re: fishing from sure!!!!!!

Most of the fish you see jumping from shore are probably Shad. They jump out of the water, to help loosen the eggs, prior to spawning just like carp do. Or...it could be a carp! As for the cats...don't know if I can help you, as I caught 4 cats on monday and 1 cat today. To keep the cats away from your bait...bring two rods and toss out your herring chunk on one and tie a bag of catnip on the other with a heavy sinker and cast it downstream. Should keep the little buggers busy...or bring a dog! ;)