2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

First spring striper trip in the books. Fished from 12-6pm last of incoming and some of outgoing. Water was 40 which is still a tad cold water was cloudy and a lot of debris fished in 12' up to 35' of water. Got one 14" catfish on bloodworm within first half hour (incoming) 17' water then did a lot of moving around to check on my spots 2 spots I marked Wht appeared to be small bass but they were not biting. The catfish was ice cold but hit hard and faught strong for first few seconds then tired out quickly (water needs a few degree boast). Did see a bald eagle and 2 big beavers in a back creek off the river they prob were 50 pound animals really big ones. I did try a drift for a Lil while and kept getting worms nipped at but never takin the hook Prob Perch. Saw one other boater land a catfish also. I didn't stay in anyone location more then 45 minutes. All in all good first trip tomm should be better ill be back out all day again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	16330  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Soon my friend. Soon.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Striper Hunter

well im glad someone caught something cause i have not caught anything for 2 days maybe next time lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 02:25 AM
i am so ready for this season

Ok just heard some bass up to 28 where caught south of ups building lets hope this os the beginning :)
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yofish View Post
Ok just heard some bass up to 28 where caught south of ups building lets hope this os the beginning :)
how far south i was there 2 days straight could it be a fish rumor or u seen a pic hope its true though i guess i got to get out there today again lets go
Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 AM

I saw it on brickmans bt page ,
Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yofish View Post
I saw it on brickmans bt page ,

I saw the same thing. I fished down below the trenton makes bridge to tullytown (off the shore) on sunday. not even a bite. Hopefully things pick up next weekend. Looking for at least one striper this year! (got skunked last year...I need to buy a boat...haha)
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANKSBULLY View Post
how far south i was there 2 days straight could it be a fish rumor or u seen a pic hope its true though i guess i got to get out there today again lets go
was they in a boat or off the shore ?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:17 AM

Dont need a boat yeah they catch more but use clam hard the first 15days of april fish hard you will get the one that counts lol
Old 03-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Dumb luck fisherman

just a heads up if you're going out on the water today there is a lot of debris floating around and the conservation guys are out in full force
Old 03-11-2013, 01:52 PM
New to the Stripes...

hit the banks on the way home from a friends house.

Fished outgoing tide...from 1-6pm- shallow water was 45 degrees.

I did hook 1 fish, but lost him at the banks. Felt too heavy to be a resident striper, id guess channel cat but the thing stayed deep the whole fight so I didnt get a look. Had him hooked for a while then spit the hook.

Nice day out. Hope the rangers stay around... they didnt show up til the end of the season last year. We need them early to stop the invasion.

REPORT SUSPICIOUSE ACITIVITY, POACHING, FISHING WITHOUT LICENSE> this is the only situation I advocate ratting but we need to stop these lowlifes that fish the Del. Im gonna be in WAR MODE this spring.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamChaser View Post
hit the banks on the way home from a friends house.

Fished outgoing tide...from 1-6pm- shallow water was 45 degrees.

I did hook 1 fish, but lost him at the banks. Felt too heavy to be a resident striper, id guess channel cat but the thing stayed deep the whole fight so I didnt get a look. Had him hooked for a while then spit the hook.

Nice day out. Hope the rangers stay around... they didnt show up til the end of the season last year. We need them early to stop the invasion.

REPORT SUSPICIOUSE ACITIVITY, POACHING, FISHING WITHOUT LICENSE> this is the only situation I advocate ratting but we need to stop these lowlifes that fish the Del. Im gonna be in WAR MODE this spring.
I haven't able to hop back online for the last couple hrs but my last post was bugging me after I thought about it a while. when I said that the officers were out in force, I totally meant that in a good way! I recently was checked by 2 separate guys who were both really nice and very friendly. I struckup a conversation with both and have greater respect for what they go through.

Just wanted to clear that up in case it came across wrong
Old 03-11-2013, 02:55 PM
New to the Stripes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natenlogansdad View Post
I haven't able to hop back online for the last couple hrs but my last post was bugging me after I thought about it a while. when I said that the officers were out in force, I totally meant that in a good way! I recently was checked by 2 separate guys who were both really nice and very friendly. I struckup a conversation with both and have greater respect for what they go through.

Just wanted to clear that up in case it came across wrong
your good. Thats great news they are out their. Maybe we wont lose 40 stripers a day to the poaching "invasion".

I am out this year actively looking for these people. Hope everybody else is too. When we finally run them all off we get the banks back!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 PM

Where,s the banks north or south of taconcy
Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Fished 10am-4:30pm moved around a lot today but found a few bass at the third stop and got 3 bass within a hour span 13"-20" on bloods and the biggest on old frozen clam. Fished water 7'-30' deep bass were hung off the bottom in 17' caught on top end of a high low rig on bloods and clam was on fish finder. Hits were bearly noticeable even the bigger one was tapping lightly before the hookup. Great 2 days of fishing can't wait til my next free day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	16336