2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 22 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie the j View Post
And by the way, how far up the Delaware to the stripers run? I know the shad run all the way up to Downsville, but what about the bass?
Depends on bait river temps and salinity of waters up river. The last being the most deciding factor they have been reported as far up river as New York even but this was taken from pa fish commission biologist :

Although salinity thresholds for striped bass spawning tend to vary among systems, they typically spawn where salinities are less than 5 ppt. Highly successful spawning has been observed in the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal at salinities of 0.70 to 1.50 ppt. The lack of precipitation in the winter and early spring of 2012 allowed the salt line to advance upstream further than usual during the spring spawning period (April and May). Consequently, this may have concentrated spawning striped bass further upstream than usual and increased catch rates in Pennsylvania.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 PM
First Mate

You are the man mu fish. I love the information you provide. Anyway, my brother is coming up from south Carolina this weekend so I can show him some real bass in the form of a striper. Any thoughts on what part of the river would be best. We should be on the water from noon till sunset, thanks, chuckles oh and of course I will be on channel 17.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by always the eels View Post
Yeah true. last year just was so awesome at this point wasn't used to this slow action at this time! Good luck during the week, hopefully you hook into a cow!
havent been able to get out on the boat but my son has been fishing by the rail bridge every day. he's killing the cats and caught one shad but no stripers yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Official Member

Any one fishing the PA side of the river on here? Any good spots? New to fishing the river off land. Thanks in advanced!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxguy View Post
Any one fishing the PA side of the river on here? Any good spots? New to fishing the river off land. Thanks in advanced!
Welcome to the site as far as from land u have a lot of options some that are more popular than others: fishing from land I would say u can pull up and fish anywhere u feel fit. The more popular spots are station ave, linden ave, Frankford arsenal, fishing pier at Tacony bridge, train bridge by Betsy Ross bridge, behind the airport/ups building. I'm sure there are plenty other places to fish the pa side of the river.
Again welcome to the site and keep us posted on your outings good or bad. Catch'em up
Old 04-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by section_227 View Post
havent been able to get out on the boat but my son has been fishing by the rail bridge every day. he's killing the cats and caught one shad but no stripers yet.

Good stuff! I'll be out tomorrow hopefully after work pulling in some of them. but only time will tell!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Official Member

Ok cool. Thanks for the input!! I'm headin there Sunday, ill post my results.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxguy View Post
Ok cool. Thanks for the input!! I'm headin there Sunday, ill post my results.
Fished 3 days on boat this week just above CBB. Fish are here. Each day fish were bigger and still not spawned out. Its gonna get better. I agree with MU treat april as march and may as april.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Striper Hunter

Nice!!! Man o man that's great to hear!! I will be out on Saturday, tuned into Channel 17
Old 04-26-2013, 06:30 AM
First Mate

I will be out from noon on gravy between buoys 10 -6. I will give you a yell on 17 gravy, chuckles
Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1129chuck View Post
I will be out from noon on gravy between buoys 10 -6. I will give you a yell on 17 gravy, chuckles
Good to hear your back out! Hope your back is better! I will be out from 9:30 till 4! I will give you a shout!
Gravy
Old 04-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by always the eels View Post
Good stuff! I'll be out tomorrow hopefully after work pulling in some of them. but only time will tell!
high tide looks to be just after 4pm. i wont be able to get there unless my friend is on the water. he caught a few schoolies last night.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Just a update: herring and shad are still moving up river, streams, creeks. Saw waves of herring today coming up the rapids 20-30 at a time for 2 hours straight and the up by the falls its already loaded with big gizzard shad, hickory shad, I saw couple big American shad and tons of blue back herring (river herring)
Watched a hawk dive down on 3 herring while I was there caught a pic but was about 70 yards away not a clear pic but it was cool to watch.
Well wont be on the river til Sunday heading to SIC to fish the beaches for 24 hours straight wit my boy Saltlife from the barn.
Catch'em up guys the full moon has come and within next 2 days its gone turn on fire I'm sure!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	16484  
Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Just a update: herring and shad are still moving up river, streams, creeks. Saw waves of herring today coming up the rapids 20-30 at a time for 2 hours straight and the up by the falls its already loaded with big gizzard shad, hickory shad, I saw couple big American shad and tons of blue back herring (river herring)
Watched a hawk dive down on 3 herring while I was there caught a pic but was about 70 yards away not a clear pic but it was cool to watch.
Well wont be on the river til Sunday heading to SIC to fish the beaches for 24 hours straight wit my boy Saltlife from the barn.
Catch'em up guys the full moon has come and within next 2 days its gone turn on fire I'm sure!
MU catching bait.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 PM
First Mate

I love this site, you all share so much info. and advice, thanks to all and a HUGE thanks to the oracle of the big D, striper king and holder of all the striper knowledge that any one brain can hold, MU FISH. Hope to see y'all out tomorrow, give me a shout on channel 17 or look for an old white and orange Grady White. Chuckles