2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 21 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

launched at linden . Had a lot of fish but all short schoolies. Fished 1.5 hours of incoming and 2 hours of outgoing. Fish up to 20 inches. Stoped counting past 40. All on BW's. Lotsbof action mixws with some perch and cats. Wanted to get out in the salt tiday but the tides disnt agree. So hit the D. Nice day out. Biats stacked up at RC but didn't see much action there. Mist fish south of linden before bridge on Jersey side fishin on the hump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Striper Hunter

Don't mund spelling in above post. Dang phone.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

I think we have to treat April like march and may like April I'm not only hearing about big fish here and there I know plenty of places shoulda been giving up large fish in good numbers so I'm thinking next month should be the hot month it's always really got for like a month stretch tht has yet to really happen been showing signs tht its getting ready to bust open but the numbers of bigger fish haven't yet. I'm hoping to get out tomm already itching only reason I'm posting.
Nice catches today guys and Tks to all who were concerned step pop is good and will be back out next trip hopefully
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Striper Hunter

I just got back from the Susky Flats fishing jamboree. A couple of schoolies reported and a few fish in the 32" range but far and few between is the def the sentiment. Right now though, the raritan bay is on fire!!! I am going to head up there with my kayak and hopefully land a big girl!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Striper Hunter

Went out every day this weekend. Fished in Trenton/Morrisville by the train bridge and then down by the sewer pipe all during the incoming and high tides. Fished bloods, clams, bunker and finally switched to wading with a Bomber plug (black) lure. Not a single hit on bloods or the bomber. Caught only one cat (bout four lbs.) on clam. Didn't hear of anyone catching either. Either way, going to give it a break for the next few days until wensday when it warms up. Unfortunately the tides aren't cooperating and it will be low tide every time we go out this week. .

Hopefully you guys send some of the 30in fish up this way the next few days. Just putting the time in till I get one at this point....
Old 04-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
I think we have to treat April like march and may like April I'm not only hearing about big fish here and there I know plenty of places shoulda been giving up large fish in good numbers so I'm thinking next month should be the hot month it's always really got for like a month stretch tht has yet to really happen been showing signs tht its getting ready to bust open but the numbers of bigger fish haven't yet. I'm hoping to get out tomm already itching only reason I'm posting.
Nice catches today guys and Tks to all who were concerned step pop is good and will be back out next trip hopefully
Glad to hear about your pop! I hope your right, the fishing needs to improve soon!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by always the eels View Post
Went out every day this weekend. Fished in Trenton/Morrisville by the train bridge and then down by the sewer pipe all during the incoming and high tides. Fished bloods, clams, bunker and finally switched to wading with a Bomber plug (black) lure. Not a single hit on bloods or the bomber. Caught only one cat (bout four lbs.) on clam. Didn't hear of anyone catching either. Either way, going to give it a break for the next few days until wensday when it warms up. Unfortunately the tides aren't cooperating and it will be low tide every time we go out this week. .

Hopefully you guys send some of the 30in fish up this way the next few days. Just putting the time in till I get one at this point....
doesnt seem like the pigs are up this far yet. good news they are a lil south at station ave bensalem and linden so it wont be long. looking to hit those spots this weekend. hoping to be on my buddy's boat during the week.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Official Member

Good morning fellow delaware river fisherman. i have been following this thread for a while because i also fish the delaware river quite frequently but i figured i would share some of this years action so far. fish are here but the water and weather change them dramatically daily. i have fished 4/14, 4/20 and 4/21. we have had a 38,28,24 and many shorts. this weekend was tough fighting the wind but i have seen many 40" fish from other boats i talk to. Good luck out there, im on the river with the white and red nitro bass boat. Hope to see some of you out there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Apr 21, 2 25 36 PM.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	16468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Apr 20, 9 20 17 PM.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	16469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Apr 20, 9 20 24 PM.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	16470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Apr 14, 4 21 23 PM.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	16471  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Striper Hunter

def seems like the best fishing is coming from the boats so far.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by section_227 View Post
doesnt seem like the pigs are up this far yet. good news they are a lil south at station ave bensalem and linden so it wont be long. looking to hit those spots this weekend. hoping to be on my buddy's boat during the week.
Yeah true. last year just was so awesome at this point wasn't used to this slow action at this time! Good luck during the week, hopefully you hook into a cow!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 PM
First Mate

Very nice pics there kevinstarcar, I was down with a bad back so no offense to y'all, but I hope the cows are back by this Saturday since I missed all last week. I am going to launch at neshaminy around noon and fish till sun down. Hope to here from y'all, mu fish, gravy and all the rest. Turn on channel 17 and we will find them and catch them. Good luck till then, chuckles
Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 PM
MUZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincarstar View Post
Good morning fellow delaware river fisherman. i have been following this thread for a while because i also fish the delaware river quite frequently but i figured i would share some of this years action so far. fish are here but the water and weather change them dramatically daily. i have fished 4/14, 4/20 and 4/21. we have had a 38,28,24 and many shorts. this weekend was tough fighting the wind but i have seen many 40" fish from other boats i talk to. Good luck out there, im on the river with the white and red nitro bass boat. Hope to see some of you out there!

Nice pics and nice fish
Old 04-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Official Member

Hey, Delaware River Fishermen, greetings from the Hudson River! I grew up in Ulster County, near by a section of the old Delaware and Hudson Canal that ran from Port Jervis to Kingston. So we are kin.
Tight Lines!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Official Member

And by the way, how far up the Delaware to the stripers run? I know the shad run all the way up to Downsville, but what about the bass?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by natenlogansdad View Post
Went out from about 12-5 today with the wife and kids.

First went to north of the CBB to a small little island. Don't want to spot burn so I'll just call it Cheddar. Couple of boat out but nobody seemed to be catching. Fish finder showed nodda but I was able to find 2 little guys over there. Headed south into DE and just picked a random spot down near what I think is the DoD area but I'm not positive. I know we weren't quite as far as Ollman's.

The fish finder was blowing up but it took a little while to get the first bite. Marked maybe 10-15 large fish but they weren't going to say hi. I did hook up something big, like real big, but I lost it before I saw what it was. Needless to say, I was a little pissed. Still got quite a few shorties and a couple of cats.

Bait of choose today was a tie between clams and bloods. I was really surprised that they were biting so well on the frozen clams. Not having ever shucked a clam before I didn't want to learn today so I cheated and went frozen. I have no problem going frozen for the next few trips now. It works.

All in all, not a bad day....just going to have to wait another week to try for a big girl!
Well I took a page out of your book, I am going to try some salted frozen clams!