2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 20 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet87 View Post
Gravy - i'll be on 17 tomorrow - out of CBB heading SOUTH!
Cool! I will be in and around the Islands! I will talk you up when I hit the water!
Gravy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Striper Hunter

Went out of Ridley this morning and found the river was brutal. Headed out of Darby creek to the river and found 4 boats anchored up around railroad bridge didnt look like anyone wanted to go out any further. Fished with clams. Arts was out of bloods this morning. The cafish were on, landed 3 nice cats with no bass. Marked alot of fish again. Set the alarm to large still had constant marks.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustinbass View Post
Went out of Ridley this morning and found the river was brutal. Headed out of Darby creek to the river and found 4 boats anchored up around railroad bridge didnt look like anyone wanted to go out any further. Fished with clams. Arts was out of bloods this morning. The cafish were on, landed 3 nice cats with no bass. Marked alot of fish again. Set the alarm to large still had constant marks.
Damn, good thing I am taking everthing, and the kitchen sink! Brutal winds??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 06:34 AM
First Mate

good luck today all, keep the lines tight, i won't be out for a while because i hurt my back so please post some stories of some great catches, Chuckles
Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Told someone can't remember who but I mentioned using gizzard shad as bait well today we gone find out if they work got me 5 1-2pounders really big gizzards from the creek this morning gearing up to head out now.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Fished from 10:30am-3pm with gizzard shad salt herring clams and bunker. Finished the day with 7 bass 22"-26" (kept one for dinner) 1 cat. 32' Water. Had a pretty good chum slick going constantly for 4 hours certainly thought I was putting the breaks on a few pigs today. Gizzard shad filets caught one bass. Salt herring one. Clam 2 and 3 on bunker. So all baits produced. (Good sign maybe they are becoming less selective of food). Did have one slammer of a hit a run on bunker head but never hooked up. Sat in same spot the whole time I really wanted tht chum slick to pay off It was a nice steady stream of bunker and 10 drops of bunker oil per minute but couldn't call the cows home today. Well till next time, catch'em up fellas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	16464  
Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Very nice MU!!! Not too shabby!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Was kinda upset once I filet it found out it was a young female an had not spawned out yet didn't think they spawned tht small. Was a surprise. Also her belly was completely dry so I suppose most of the fish are the same way and should start chomping at baits anyday here.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Striper Hunter

good catch mu hope your pop feels better and by the way just got the motor out the shop and everything is a go now it starts in 1 pull and he said its sounds better than most newer engines also got a new gas tank plastic so i dont have to worry about the rust coming thru the fuel line anymore but all in all hope to link up again and bring some cows out the water next time get at me for another trip
Old 04-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Told someone can't remember who but I mentioned using gizzard shad as bait well today we gone find out if they work got me 5 1-2pounders really big gizzards from the creek this morning gearing up to head out now.
We were talking about live lining them, I got a permit to cast net for them at a local lake. I will have to get over to the lake and catch a few live ones!
Gravy
Old 04-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Striper Hunter

I caught a 30" on a blood worm by the Betsy Ross Bridge right at high tide on Friday Morning
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130419_084446-1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	16466  
Old 04-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1129chuck View Post
good luck today all, keep the lines tight, i won't be out for a while because i hurt my back so please post some stories of some great catches, Chuckles
Hey Chuck, sorry to hear about your back. We got four nice cats on bunker and herring, and one cat on a Berkeley Gulp shrimp. Oh a good wind whoopin! Get better soon bud!
Gravy
Old 04-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Job View Post
We were talking about live lining them, I got a permit to cast net for them at a local lake. I will have to get over to the lake and catch a few live ones!
Gravy
Oh yeah sorry forgot my mind is not tht steel trap it used to b lol but yeah gravy they worked chunked I keep gettin hits then I cut a chunk down te spine and made filet and first cast with tht got a 25". Live would b cool jus dont use the big 2 pounders I had they were huge 1/2-1 pounders is Wht u want. Keep me posted.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Oh yeah sorry forgot my mind is not tht steel trap it used to b lol but yeah gravy they worked chunked I keep gettin hits then I cut a chunk down te spine and made filet and first cast with tht got a 25". Live would b cool jus dont use the big 2 pounders I had they were huge 1/2-1 pounders is Wht u want. Keep me posted.
No worries bro! Sounds like I need to break out the cast net! Glad it worked! I have hooked some monster largemouth live lining gizzards!
Gravy
Old 04-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Went out from about 12-5 today with the wife and kids.

First went to north of the CBB to a small little island. Don't want to spot burn so I'll just call it Cheddar. Couple of boat out but nobody seemed to be catching. Fish finder showed nodda but I was able to find 2 little guys over there. Headed south into DE and just picked a random spot down near what I think is the DoD area but I'm not positive. I know we weren't quite as far as Ollman's.

The fish finder was blowing up but it took a little while to get the first bite. Marked maybe 10-15 large fish but they weren't going to say hi. I did hook up something big, like real big, but I lost it before I saw what it was. Needless to say, I was a little pissed. Still got quite a few shorties and a couple of cats.

Bait of choose today was a tie between clams and bloods. I was really surprised that they were biting so well on the frozen clams. Not having ever shucked a clam before I didn't want to learn today so I cheated and went frozen. I have no problem going frozen for the next few trips now. It works.

All in all, not a bad day....just going to have to wait another week to try for a big girl!