2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 19 - Stripers247.com Forums
 
Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #271  
Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Fishfever1019 Fishfever1019 is offline
Official Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Same here I marked more fish then I prob ever have at this one spot i mean they were there thick and there was sum really big big bass showing up on the finder but they jus wouldn't cooperate either it's the spawn or the sun came out to bright and shut it down but I'm thinking it was they were in spawn and for 3 days its gone be tuff to get'em see what happens the rest of the week.
Hey were at on the river are you fishing?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #272  
Old 04-18-2013, 04:35 PM
section_227 section_227 is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lower Bucks
Posts: 34
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

this is being put in at the warf


http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/b....html?mode=jqm
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 04-18-2013, 05:05 PM
1129chuck 1129chuck is offline
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bala Cynwyd PA
Posts: 116
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Cool news about the Bristol dock. Hope it doesn't take too long to build.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #274  
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 PM
mu fish's Avatar
mu fish mu fish is offline
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 605
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfever1019 View Post
Hey were at on the river are you fishing?
I was not no more
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 04-18-2013, 05:34 PM
mu fish's Avatar
mu fish mu fish is offline
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 605
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Hit the water around 1pm fished til 1:30pm yeah u read it correct ..... Not having the best season so far hoping it all pays off soon.
Step pop had heart attack out on the boat 1/2 hr in and had to cal ambulance on the water to meet me at the dock got him in the ambulance and put boat back on the rack and headed to hospital

Did have 2 bangers smack 2 rods at once but happen at same time as the attack so not a chance to get'em (salt herring) talked to another boater tht was on way in as I was going out they didn't c a fish all morning.

Won't back out til sat. Breaking out the chubs trout clam bloods bunker bout to put full court press on these bass from here on out!
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 PM
1129chuck 1129chuck is offline
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bala Cynwyd PA
Posts: 116
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Sorry mu fish, hope all goes well for dad, my thoughts are with you all, Chuck
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
section_227 section_227 is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lower Bucks
Posts: 34
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

My son just caught a shad near the rail bridge in morrisville.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 PM
mu fish's Avatar
mu fish mu fish is offline
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 605
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Tks chuck!

So I have good news and bad news....
Hickory shad and herring have made it up small creeks pretty far up too thts the good news.
Bad news is there is tons of herring never saw so many in this creek and I watch'em every year the reason this is bad is because thts the reason the bite has gone down on top of the spawn bass r now keying in on herring and hickory shad almost exclusively thts jus the way it goes they need to fill up fat reserves to treck back out the river I'd say bloods are a waste of money at this point. Clam chubs salt herring bunker is prob the bait of choice now as well as trout and if u can get it fresh bluefish would work well to.
Won't be out til sat smh so someone catch one for me before then!
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 04-18-2013, 09:09 PM
cmussel371 cmussel371 is offline
MUZZY
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Collegeville, Pa
Posts: 14
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Tks chuck!

So I have good news and bad news....
Hickory shad and herring have made it up small creeks pretty far up too thts the good news.
Bad news is there is tons of herring never saw so many in this creek and I watch'em every year the reason this is bad is because thts the reason the bite has gone down on top of the spawn bass r now keying in on herring and hickory shad almost exclusively thts jus the way it goes they need to fill up fat reserves to treck back out the river I'd say bloods are a waste of money at this point. Clam chubs salt herring bunker is prob the bait of choice now as well as trout and if u can get it fresh bluefish would work well to.
Won't be out til sat smh so someone catch one for me before then!
My son and I will be on the water sunday morning, putting at CBB.
Hope all is okay with your Dad -- Muzz
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Nockbuster Nockbuster is offline
Official Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Has anyone ever chunked up shad for bait?
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 04-19-2013, 01:42 AM
mu fish's Avatar
mu fish mu fish is offline
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 605
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nockbuster View Post
Has anyone ever chunked up shad for bait?
Yeah I have didn't know to much about regs when I first started fishing and i caught and kept 3 hickory shad out the creek not knowing Wht it was mistook it for herring since at the time i never saw one so i had them frozen and chunked them caught couple nice bass on them tht season. I would think any shad (maybe big gizzard even) alewife or things similar would work around a hungry bass.


This was years and years ago and I haven't done it since.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Gravy Job Gravy Job is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Hit the water around 1pm fished til 1:30pm yeah u read it correct ..... Not having the best season so far hoping it all pays off soon.
Step pop had heart attack out on the boat 1/2 hr in and had to cal ambulance on the water to meet me at the dock got him in the ambulance and put boat back on the rack and headed to hospital

Did have 2 bangers smack 2 rods at once but happen at same time as the attack so not a chance to get'em (salt herring) talked to another boater tht was on way in as I was going out they didn't c a fish all morning.

Won't back out til sat. Breaking out the chubs trout clam bloods bunker bout to put full court press on these bass from here on out!
Sorry to about hear about your pop, I hope he gets well soon bud!
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 04-19-2013, 08:29 AM
always the eels always the eels is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Job View Post
Sorry to about hear about your pop, I hope he gets well soon bud!

Sorry to hear mu! Hopefully he gets better to help you pull in some monsters soon!!
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 04-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Gravy Job Gravy Job is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

I should be back on the river tomorrow 700am!! I will have my ears on channel 17! Going out of Ridley!
Gravy
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 PM
silverbullet87 silverbullet87 is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Job View Post
I should be back on the river tomorrow 700am!! I will have my ears on channel 17! Going out of Ridley!
Gravy
Gravy - i'll be on 17 tomorrow - out of CBB heading SOUTH!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2013, delaware, postem, reports, river

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delaware River Regulations & striper data Striperjim Delaware River 6 02-23-2011 08:45 PM
Proposed slot limit - striped bass regulations for Delaware River and Estuary- 2009 Striperjim Delaware River 6 03-10-2009 10:51 AM
The Delaware River and the two state proposed slot limits. Striperjim Delaware River 0 01-21-2009 11:35 AM
New Threat to the Delaware River System zimno1 Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws 0 01-08-2009 08:01 PM
Delaware River Reports Chris Gatley Delaware River 8 03-26-2005 01:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2013 Stripers247.com LLC
Affiliated Sites:   Noreast.com   Allcoast.com    2coolfishing.com