2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 17 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
MUZZY

Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinfinity View Post
they are floating I was out on s
Sunday with 2 kids and the floating dock was a huge help
Thank you. Hope you and the kids caught some fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by section_227 View Post
any reports of fish getting up towards trenton ? seems a good bank fishing spot is gone now at the burlington-bristol. gonna have to find another spot till i get the boat up & running.
I fish up in Morrisville every year right across from Trenton by the train bridge I went out Sunday morning around 7 and fished the outgoing tide. I did not hook into anything and didn't see anyone catch anything either but there were a lot of people fishing the area and a decent amount of boats. I talked to a couple people only one guy said he caught some up this way but I'm sure they are here like I said I fish here every year and I've always caught them by now. I'm going out again this weekend if I get into anything I will let you know. Can you not fish the BBB anymore?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Official Member

I fish up here in Morrisville right across from Trenton every weekend I haven't got into any fish yet but the tides have not worked in favor either hopefully soon I usually have at least 1 or 2 by this time. To anyone wanting to know what's going on up here in Trenton more and more people are fishing up here I was out Sat and Sun seen a decent amount of boats and people so I'm assuming this fish are here I personally have not go one though. I talked to a few guys most have had the same luck as me and a few are saying they are catching them so their is your Trenton report for now. If anyone has anymore info for up this way or knows where they are biting please let me know Good Luck to All!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfever1019 View Post
I fish up in Morrisville every year right across from Trenton by the train bridge I went out Sunday morning around 7 and fished the outgoing tide. I did not hook into anything and didn't see anyone catch anything either but there were a lot of people fishing the area and a decent amount of boats. I talked to a couple people only one guy said he caught some up this way but I'm sure they are here like I said I fish here every year and I've always caught them by now. I'm going out again this weekend if I get into anything I will let you know. Can you not fish the BBB anymore?
my son's friend has hooked into some keepers the last two days down by linden ave so they're getting up here. i have to head up morrisville to try things out until i get on the boat. maybe tonight.

my son said he was told someone bought out the area around the BBB and it's no tresspassing now. sucks cause i've had good luck there.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Striper Hunter

Heading up to look at an outboard! Fingers crossed I can work out a deal and get back onto the water!
Gravy
Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Official Member

Quote:
my son's friend has hooked into some keepers the last two days down by linden ave so they're getting up here. i have to head up morrisville to try things out until i get on the boat. maybe tonight.

my son said he was told someone bought out the area around the BBB and it's no tresspassing now. sucks cause i've had good luck there.
That sucks I've never fished there but I herd a lot of people doing good there o well what can you do I'm gonna try down in Bristol or Tullytown after work sometime this week I will let you know if I have any luck
Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
That sucks I've never fished there but I herd a lot of people doing good there o well what can you do I'm gonna try down in Bristol or Tullytown after work sometime this week I will let you know if I have any luck
yeah i havent caught any keepers at BBB but i have def brought in my share of big cats. i havent tried bristol boro or tullytown yet. gotta find some good spots. maybe sneak in the newer boat launch by falls comm. park again.

good luck !
Old 04-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
I fish up here in Morrisville right across from Trenton every weekend I haven't got into any fish yet but the tides have not worked in favor either hopefully soon I usually have at least 1 or 2 by this time. To anyone wanting to know what's going on up here in Trenton more and more people are fishing up here I was out Sat and Sun seen a decent amount of boats and people so I'm assuming this fish are here I personally have not go one though. I talked to a few guys most have had the same luck as me and a few are saying they are catching them so their is your Trenton report for now. If anyone has anymore info for up this way or knows where they are biting please let me know Good Luck to All!!!

Hey there, Fished in Morrisville last night. Didn't see anyone hook up to anything but some guys showed me a picture taken about 20 min earlier with the guy holding a 30-31 inch fish! **edited**

Unfortunately we didn't hook into anything but we will be out there Friday hopefully!! Haven't caught a striper in my life so hopefully this year will be the one to break that bad streak!!

Good luck!

Last edited by JakeF; 04-16-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Please do not post such specific directions on the public forum. Information that specific should be shared via PM. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Striper Hunter

might have to pull the waders out.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
might have to pull the waders out.

Probably would be a good idea. Nobody by the bridges (from shore at least) was catching anything. Only guys out on the boats and kayaks.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Official Member

Also if your up at Morrisville you have to fish the incoming and high tide if your fishing from the bank because the channel is over by the jersey side and it get extremely shallow on PA side at low tide you can almost walk out to the middle of the river. If your up there most of the boats are over towards the jersey side cause of the channel but I've done really well from the bank on PA side fishing the incoming and high tide
Old 04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Also if your up at Morrisville you have to fish the incoming and high tide if your fishing from the bank because the channel is over by the jersey side and it get extremely shallow on PA side at low tide you can almost walk out to the middle of the river. If your up there most of the boats are over towards the jersey side cause of the channel but I've done really well from the bank on PA side fishing the incoming and high tide
are you typically using lures or bait?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by always the eels View Post
are you typically using lures or bait?
i usually take two rods. one rigged for bait one rigged for lures. i've actually done real good on blood worms but never any keepers. only keeper i got out of the river was caught on a jointed rapala just above the TMB on the jersey side.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Official Member

Quote:
i usually take two rods. one rigged for bait one rigged for lures. i've actually done real good on blood worms but never any keepers. only keeper i got out of the river was caught on a jointed rapala just above the TMB on the jersey side.
I try everything I can I'm always changing baits trying to find what they want all the ones I caught were on Bloodworms from the shore anyway I've caught them on lures out on a boat but never from the shore but I know guys catch them on lures from the shore but Bloodworms and fresh Clam is the best bait I've used so far
Old 04-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
I try everything I can I'm always changing baits trying to find what they want all the ones I caught were on Bloodworms from the shore anyway I've caught them on lures out on a boat but never from the shore but I know guys catch them on lures from the shore but Bloodworms and fresh Clam is the best bait I've used so far
Yeah, same thing we use from the shore. Good luck to you!