2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 14 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by always the eels View Post
They Better get up to Trenton soon. I'm going out on Saturday no matter what, but it would be nice to at least get something!
O you well get something! Probably with whiskers! Catfish own the river!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Striper Hunter

nice. hoping to be on the boat this weekend. the tides arent working with my work schedule so i cant really bank fish this week.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Job View Post
I heard some guys are getting 18-24" Stripers! In the north; Cats are still dominating the catch! Word on the water is someone caught a 15" monster perch!
Quote:
O you well get something! Probably with whiskers! Catfish own the river!

Haha, yeah I know. But it will still be something more substantial than the small trout I've been going after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Haha, yeah I know. But it will still be something more substantial than the small trout I've been going after.
Lol, good luck!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Striper Hunter

yea trout do nothing for me anymore. unless of course it's a big steelie or brownie when we go salmon fishing.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by section_227 View Post
yea trout do nothing for me anymore. unless of course it's a big steelie or brownie when we go salmon fishing.
Ever flyfish the east or west branch of the Delaware? I pulled some nice Browns and Bows out of those section of the river! They will run you into your backing!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Ever flyfish the east or west branch of the Delaware? I pulled some nice Browns and Bows out of those section of the river! They will run you into your backing!
never have but that sounds nice. we always go to pulaski ny.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Striper Hunter

fished from 10-1 from under the cbb off the bank nothing used blood worms and bunker so i decided to hit ups up an 130 to 3 still nothing so packed up and went home like uck it maybe tomorrow
Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 PM
jetinray

Put in at Cbb At 7 fished to 3 Caught 4 stripers 3 rats and one 28". also caught 10 cats most of them on chubs at least it kept them from eating the bloods. Around 11 the wind hit at 25 to 30 mph fish shut down after that. The wind made it hard to fish where we where catching fish still good to get out on the water for the day.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Going to try this weekend. I know the weather is supposed to turn colder, but since they are down by the cbb already, I'm hoping with the warmup this week they make the trip up this far. I'll probably be on one of the islands south of the wing damn. Hopefully at least we catch a nice cat!
Nice, If you go just south of the wing damn by all them big boulders you will get caties for sure and if the striper are up here yet ull see them. Let me know how it turns out!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfishin View Post
Put in at Cbb At 7 fished to 3 Caught 4 stripers 3 rats and one 28". also caught 10 cats most of them on chubs at least it kept them from eating the bloods. Around 11 the wind hit at 25 to 30 mph fish shut down after that. The wind made it hard to fish where we where catching fish still good to get out on the water for the day.
I put in at cbb around 3 I think you were the one kind enough to give me your leftover bloods thanks again. I ran a little north and fished jerzy side for one stop shopping caught around 20 stripers sure needed thoes extra worms most were rats and shorts with 3 bigger fish to 41". My fish were caught dual anchored while the tide was still running hard with the wind still present as it died out later on. Nice to get rid of the skunk on the fifth trip out. And only one nice cat around 10#.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halftwist View Post
I put in at cbb around 3 I think you were the one kind enough to give me your leftover bloods thanks again. I ran a little north and fished jerzy side for one stop shopping caught around 20 stripers sure needed thoes extra worms most were rats and shorts with 3 bigger fish to 41". My fish were caught dual anchored while the tide was still running hard with the wind still present as it died out later on. Nice to get rid of the skunk on the fifth trip out. And only one nice cat around 10#.
Hey did one of those three 41" fish have a 3/0 hook with about a foot of leader in its mouth! I lost one on Saturday! Lol
Old 04-10-2013, 09:04 PM
jetinray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halftwist View Post
GOOD JOB, Glad to help out and that you got the skunk off your back. I would rather have the bloods die in the mouth of a bass than in my cold, dark frig. Hopefully karma is on our side next time we hit the river. I guess you didn't get any pictures since you were alone. if you where able please post sounds like some nice fish
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Yeah why's up wit some pics with these reports? I like to look at pics too! Lol
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Yeah why's up wit some pics with these reports? I like to look at pics too! Lol 41" fish is deff deserving of a photo