Trying to get on some Striper fish. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Chesapeake Bay
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Chesapeake Bay A sub-forum for the Chesapeake Bay and all its tributaries Rockfish Rocks.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Official Member

Default Trying to get on some Striper fish.

Ive been stationed here at Dam neck base for about 3 years and this year im trying to do some striper fishing now that I have my boat here from mississippi. I have a 21' Proline 201 cuddy cabin and im looking to find some spots to fish. I fished the night of Dec 6th from the 4th island of the CBBT all the way to the eastern shore for striper. we trolled and used live eel. To my luck all I caught was sand sharks ALL night. I dont want to know everyones HONEY hole just just a few spots that I could catch some nice striper when my dad comes up for Christmas. I can launch out of lynnhaven or drive to launch out of the eastern shore. Ive never caught these MONSTER striper and all ive heard since ive been stationed here is how awesome the striper fishing is. I'm willing to try anything and willing to go just about anywhere. Any wrecks, reefs, or general area someone is willing to share. I'm thinking about going out Thursday morning after i get off work. So if anyone has a few places I will get greatly thankful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Trying to get on some Striper fish.

Welcome to the forum! I don't know anything about your area, but did want to say hi!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Striper Hunter

I have a buddy thats a charter boat Capt. Bobby Smith.. He fishes out of Oregon Inlet fishing center in the summer and moves up to VB in the winter. I read i another forum last night that there was 200 boats under the steel span of the bridge and everyone got there limit day light fishing. Using stretch lures, Eal's buck tails.. sounded like if you where throwing anything with a hook you where catching something.. Striper's, Blues mostly. I am going to make the trip later this week it will be my first time up there.. its suppose to be calm so me and my wife are planning a trip out of Lynnhaven..

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Official Member

Im looking at launching out of Kiptopeke state park over the CBBT. The thing is that Ive used live eels and could not hook up on anything but sharks. I really havent trolled that much but, when I did, I used some stretch 25s and three different chute baits. I dont know if im not holding my mouth a certain way (ha ha... my grandpa always told me i wasnt holding my mouth the right way). Im thinking when i launch that i will try the ships right outside of the Kiptopeke state park launch and then maybe trying down around the highrise of the CBBT. If anyone has another place that they are willing to tell me about I will be greatly thankful for the info. Im not looking to keep any of the fish im all about the sport. im trying to get more involved with the saltwater fishing like i am with bass fishing. thanks again to all that comment.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Official Member

This is were it gets quiet noone wants to share that info I am going down this week for the first time cant get any help
Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Official Member

Im now looking at going out on friday due to getting off work at midnight Wednesday it will make for a long day thursday. are you trying to go out firday morning? if so let me know. im out to fish for the sport. i think like 2 of my buddies are wanting to go fishing with me on friday so there will be three newbies trying striper fishing for the first time.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Striper Hunter

We are looking at going out friday also. i think we are going to go out of Lynnhaven.. some of the reports i have been getting have the monsters not staying long around the mouth of the bay and moving down into NC off the coact of corova if that happens my plan is to go out of rudy Inlet and run south down toward Sandbridge I am checking in with some charter boat guys wednesday night to decide.. Fish the pileings around the steel span use white/chartruse buck tails.. I use the stretch stuff here in Currituck but only 3 colors the rest dont work. From what i am getting trolling umbrella rigs set to dive deep using chartruse buck tails works well.. or maple leaf spinners on every other line of your rig.. Hope this helps..

Jeff
Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
IT'S A ROCK THING

Wink Re: Trying to get on some Striper fish.

I be up there Thurs thur Sun, Give me a shout I help you all I can.
CH68 .

Tidewater 25
Twin 150 Yamaha
Triple j
Old 12-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Striper Hunter

Myself and my wife are going to cape Charles we should arrive early Friday morning.. We are staying at the peacock and could use all the help we can get.. We have a 18.5 CC palm beach 90hp.. Any help is surly wanted and appriated..

Jeff .
Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Official Member

ill be launching at kiptopeke state park on friday. ill be in a 21 foot proline with the side graphics taken off. ill let anyone know what im catching them on if they ask. im gonna try to troll a little bit and then use some live eels
Old 12-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Striper Hunter

I've been hearing that some fish are being caught near the concrete ships drifting eels in 50+ feet of water. I would think you could troll parachutes, umbrellas and such also. Look for bait balls on your sonar and work those areas. Channel edges would be a good choice of location.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:38 AM
Striper Hunter

Leaving NC in about an hour will let you know how we are doing.. Stopping by Chris Bait and tackle to get the 411 on how everyone's doing..

Jeff
Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Striper Hunter

Today's report from kiptopeke hot till 9am them moved north past cape Charles.. Had some boat issues bit worked them out this evening at the hotel bad primer bulb..

JEFF
CHRIS BAIT AND TACKLE HAS BENN FANTASTIC TO US SINCE WE ARRIVED
Old 12-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Official Member

picked this up fri 15 ft deep 40" 33lbs noone on 68Name:  fish.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  5.7 KB
Old 12-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Official Member

so i went out Friday morning and to my luck no stripers. caught only one shark. it didnt help that i broke my steering. i can only turn to the left but not to the right. i want to catch some of these fish but just cant seem to get it right. so if anyone is out there that is going fishing on tuesday and you want some company... let me know. cant take my boat out until after the first of the year. i will help pay for my way. i have fishing poles and tackle also. private message me so i will be able to give more details about myself.