First salt water trip of the 05 season - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 04-06-2005, 08:32 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default First salt water trip of the 05 season

With weather finaly above freezing a light N/W wind and tide at 10:00
I made a pilgramage to Plum island to see if there were any cod about,after a stop at Bridge road B&T and a long conversation with my friend Paul who said that he had heard of scattered catches of cod from the jetty area,with all the fresh water coming down the river, that wasnt an option.
I set up around 6:30,on the only cut in the bar along the front beach,I baited with clams,sat back opened a beer and enjoyed the moment,the surf was running high and water was weedy,I sure could have used that 15' rod Briggs got at the RI show,my 10'ers were just a little short early on.
long story short,by 10:00 the beer was gone,I was a little irritated with the weed masses the clung to my lines and the balled up leader,but man was it good to get out..I caught no fish,not even a hit.....but it was a great day to be alive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 10:40 AM

Dosen't matter if you didn't catch anything, it must have been nice just being out there! :D
Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

you got that right,it was awesome.....only problem.... sitting there,watching the lobstes boats off shore,checking out how the beach changed,it got me thinking.....it will be like 4 weeks before we see any bass....waaaaaay to long...but I'll be ready!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 11:48 AM

It hit 65 here Rock. It was finally a real nice day. It was nice to get close to the water. Even got some sun on my face. The twilight was an awesome sight. My pole even went down once. 8) Will be back out there ASAP. Today is another beautiful day but responsibilities come first tonight. :(
Old 04-06-2005, 12:42 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Nice!!!! The temps are getting better here each day,they have started putting in the docks,I'm planning on working on the boat this weekend,if, it doent rain..... Hopefull I dont have to do too many more "skunk" reports!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:06 PM

Roccus, lemme know when the boat goes in...you and I can do a little cod fishing to get our minds off Stripers... :D
Old 04-06-2005, 09:05 PM

Great post Rock......

one correction though......I bought a 9' Abu Brute, at the show.....the 15 footer has been in my arsenal for a long time now.

When the weed comes into the beach, most of the time, its only weedy the first 30 feet or so, thats exactly why i like my 15' other than the waves....one thing though, and this happens everytime...you still have to fight that fish back through all that weed, whether you caught her out beyond the weed or not.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)
Old 04-06-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Good to hear you got out

It feels nice to get out after this Winter.. Can't wait till we're reporting fish... Who is going to catch the 1st striper ?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:13 PM

ah the riddler already did a little shore fishin down Boston Haba and caught the first holdover of the year. I can't wait to get fishin this year, the winter was wayyyyyyyyy too long. And Roccus don't worry if you need fishin partners, I'm sure Brandon and I will be down a night or two with you early on here 8) . Hell I don't even think they'll have the dock in at the boat ramp we use till May sometime :x
Old 04-06-2005, 11:39 PM

Who's gonna catch the first fish that just made the trip? That is the question.

3 more days and i'm going......Hopefully i have a bunch of good pictures to post with my report.

aka surfcastermaster

Old 04-06-2005, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs
Who's gonna catch the first fish that just made the trip? That is the question.
well you of course
Old 04-07-2005, 08:56 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Boston Boy,
I'm planning on sanding and painting on Saturday,finishing the job on Sunday and Installing the batteries and firing her up,of coarse...I'm sure that guy Murphy and his law will intervene.... I'll let you know when it's time!

Briggs,
Thats what i get for not paying attention!!!!! Yup,agreee %100 i remember it all from fishing the cape (good old monkey hair!)
But i gave my 15' meat sticks to my son,my shoulders couldnt deal with them anayway!!!! (but I'd sure be tempted by that beauty you showed me at the show if I start surfishing regularly again)

Steve,
For sure,I'll be doing weekend cod trips until the end of June,weather permitting,as well as stripers both on the weekends a few nights a week after work in May until I crank it up in mid June. If there is an open spot youre welcome to jump in!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:29 AM

Hey don't be jinxing me Steve, hahahaha. Could be a skunk all day....we all do it. just gonna have to go and......ok who am i kidding, yea its gonna be me lmfao

Whats even funnier...is that i'm actually expecting a big cow not just a fish....i'm jinxing myself. Wanna know how i know>>>i hung the 9500ss off that new rod i got at the show. not the 8500ss i always use to catch the big girls. Just a premenition. The Rock reminded me when he said something about his shoulders...my rods are all light until i hang that 9500 on them hahaha. i'll be hurting from casting that thing by the end of 9 hours. lets hope thats not all i'm hurting from, i'd kind of like my arms to be tired also

You never know Rock...i might jump in some day myself. swing by little compton and i'll jump right in.

aka surfcastermaster

Old 04-07-2005, 10:19 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Briggs,
Hope you get a big bruise on youre inner thigh and groin ...not because I'm a sadistic SOB..... I predict a case of but bruise and striper thumb!!!!!
Knock 'em dead!!!!

Rock
Old 04-07-2005, 05:13 PM

I'm gonna try to go to the trout lake this weekend, use some dry flies. Theres been alot of hatches lately.