Fishing "Spots" - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum > All Time Best Threads
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

All Time Best Threads Here is the all time best threads. Worth reading

Old 03-30-2005, 10:13 PM

Ya same with me Dan. I give the general location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2005, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripersteve
yeah or that guy you invite casts his line right ovah yours.....hold on that was me or one of em manages to "hook" you
Hey, I didn't hook him, my bait just happened to hit the back of his neck!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:08 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripersteve
yeah or that guy you invite casts his line right ovah yours.....hold on that was me or one of em manages to "hook" you
LMAO. Oh man, Jay is super-duper-liner-caster-over LMFAO. Fishing the outgoing tide off the trestle, sitting in the lawn chairs with some coldies and a radio, he's casting right over me....every time. I'm like dude, you dont need to cast...just let the tide take your bait down to either the point or the Blackwater Surprise. THERE'S NO NEED TO CAST FROM THAT SPOT!!! lmao.

Oh ya, Brandano slapped me upside tha back ah me neck with a circle hook when we were fishin' Schoolie Alley LMAO HAHAHAAHAAAA.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Bowanna

Default Re: Fishing "Spots"

I agree w/ you all about "giving away" your hot spots. I'm new to the whole striper thing. To me its like hunting BIG bucks. I hunt alot, shoot many huge bucks. A few times I've taken people hunting, put them in a honey hole and then find them sitting in my spot a few weeks later. Its the same type of deal. I don't mind sharing a hot spot with someone, but now i make it clear right from the beginning what i expect from them, and I'll also let them know that I'd appreciate if they would put me on one of their spots, and that I would never go to their spots without them or their permission. Ever since I've approached it in that manner I have had no more problems. I've made new friends and gained many hunting and fishing partners, as well as great memories. Its all about respect. Too bad many people don't have it anymore.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
I guess I'm happy to tell someone the number and size of my fish...I'll give general location...

Most of the spots 'round Boston Harbor are pretty well known, so its not like I'm buring "secret spots"...
...But I have a couple honey holes, that may just go the grave with me!!!

The only thing that pisses my off, is that on weekends in the summer, the Harbor is like a parking lot :x
...Thats when its time to travel north or south, and hit the less known spots... :D
There are a number of spots in boston to hit up to get away from the crowds, it is a pain though in the weekend. The only people I will show recently productive spots are those who I wouldn't mind if they showed up by themselves or even with friends. There are plenty of spots to go to, most nights when I fish boston harbor I will go to 5-7 different locations, and then find micro locations (ex. Normally busy spot ill go to and then find the smaller areas to fish, and do pretty well.)

I have been burned and it sucks but then again, its not a big deal, getting upset is contradictory to the sport we engage in, I can find new spots.

However when it comes to someone showing me a spot I keep my mouth quite about the spot unless told otherwise. Maintaining Integrity is huge with me and I would never do anything to jeprodize it even for a 60 pound big boy.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Wishin i was fishin

whoa old thread.....i only give out my good spots to friends, and people who i think WILL become friends...otherwise you could find yourself in a battle of spots.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfirefighter View Post
whoa old thread.....i only give out my good spots to friends, and people who i think WILL become friends...otherwise you could find yourself in a battle of spots.
Pretty much my feelings as well.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Official Member

Fishing reports without location information are totally useless.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:33 AM
(formerly brian21johansen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburromjf View Post

But fishing reports with location information are useless as well....because the next time you go to your spot there will be 30 other people fishing there. You can give somebody a good fishing report without giving up an exact location just by telling them what bait you used, what time of the tide the fish started biting....etc. From here it is your job to find the fish.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 PM
LunkerSpunker

All the reports I've read usually have a location, just not a "SPOT" for you to go and stop at....the problem I have with reports is that they are what HAS HAPPENED, not what we can expect to come....right? They are good for establishing patterns to make an assumption to where the fish might be, but....I know I don't take too much stock in em.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburromjf View Post
Both true and false

Define "Spots"

If you're talking about spots in 5+ mile increments then I completely agree with you. That kind of information is helpful, necessary even, when you're trying to put together a pattern or track a school of fish. A post that "I had fish" means nothing if you don't even know what part of the state the poster is talking about.

If you expect people to give out exact footprints to stand in then you need to learn how to fish so you can find your own spots. A person would have to be an idiot to post a spot he worked hard to find on the Internet for 10000 people to see.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Lunker

Not living on the coast I rely on reports some what, I try not to crowd anyone ,I have found a few really good spots on my own (I am sure they have been found before)and have been given some good info by others,I don't care if somebody wanders down the beach sees me catching fish if they crowd me I might say something I may not,I may just move on.Most of the help I get is from a few goto guys thru a PM ,they know it will go no further than me .Maine fishing is far differant from fishing anywhere else on the NE coast ,just seems to be a little more laid back and a lot more friendlier.Just my 2 cents.VT

Thanks Roc for the PM's it nice to know before we drive 3hours.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Official Member

I just laugh sometimes though, like one time I was walking down the beach just looking for some structure and saw a nice sandbar. There's a guy there spiked on it, and I had seen him pull something in from a distance, and as I was walking up I asked him how he was doing. He gave me a dirty look and looked at my poles, then said nothin at all. I just said thats cool good luck, and kept walking. It's almost like people don't think fish don't swim.

I agree though with the general consensus. Suds you bring up a great point. There needs to be general location to get a rough idea, otherwise it's worthless. I hope to have a few good spots nailed down in a year from now. We'll see.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Official Member

You know, as a NooB I'm kinda pissed at all this "secrete spot" stuff. How the hell am I supposed to know if I'm in "your" spot? Even if you show me a great spot am I to assume that you are going to be there 24/7 ever after? If we are tight enough for you to show me "your" spot to begin with shouldn't it stand to reason that if you came upon me in "your" spot that we would be tight enough to fish there together?

Also, and this is PURE NooB talking, what secrete spots are you talking about? I just started fishing for any thing this year. I read all about trout and black bass and scouted my local lakes and rivers and went to the "good spots". Waste of time. I should have gone and muscled in along side of EVERY ONE ELSE because that's where the fish-catching was going on. That's exactly what I did when I hit the beach. I did the exact same thing as every one else and I caught my first striper on my first clam. BTW: That's MY spot now and I don't want to see any of you ****ers there. If you DO go there please be kind enough to identify yourselves to me so that I can pick you out from the other 400 ****ers that are there, have NOT read my claim-stake here and therefore are NOT banned from "my" spot. Now, up here, closer to home, I would LOVE some one to tell me where the fish are. There are a thousand little paths that lee down to the river. Some of them are disgusting places filled with trash, human refuse and garbage. Not all of them get you to the river. Not all of them get you to a place where you can catch Bass. Nothing I love more than tramping all my crap over some abandoned dirty diapers only to get skunked. I guess that's "putting in my time" but I'll tell you what, if and when I DO find a clean, quiet place that produces fish I won't hide it from people because I might want to go back there three weeks from next Thursday.

There are THOUSANDS of people fishing and there are limited places for them to fish, from shore or on the water. 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water and that's the same place as every one else is trying to go to catch them. Unless I am trespassing on some ones private property, on YOUR private property, what's the issue?

<please watch the language, we have kids here ~ Sudsy>

Last edited by Sudsy; 07-05-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Language
Old 07-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Lunker

Grumpy, Its not so much as a secret spot, Its more like if I were to take you to a spot ,It would be nice if you did not take 3 other guys the next time you went.I am sure your post will get booted with all the swearing before you get to read this, but you will know what I am talking about. Rivers and beaches ,lake and ponds are fair game ,Just don't bite the hand that feeds you.VT