House painting - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:18 PM

Default House painting

Tip to those do-it-yourselfers out there, do not trust the paint manufacturer's website with regard to coverage area, and how much paint you should buy for a given square footage. Following their recommendation I have enough custom tinted, non-returnable paint to paint my house two more times. At $30/gallon...

So my wife sees a house in a nearby town and falls in love with the color scheme. She goes and gets color cards,,, actually goes up to the house, holds the color cards up to the siding and trim to find the exact match. I spend the last week prepping for paint and spraying primer. Saturday, after I get home from fishing an all nighter with Gunny and BryanL, I'm all set to spray the color coat on the siding. All goes well, and the rain will hold off, perfect. I just finished spraying the last section, when my wife comes out and says,,,, <insert drumroll here> "It's not dark enough."

So I guess that extra paint comes in handy, as she's off to Lowes to have it made a shade darker, and I get to spray the whole thing over again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 03:04 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: House painting

im sorry you got stuck painting the house twice...i guess the only other option you had was to let her re-do it.......i know how that usually goes over at my house....better off you just re-painted it im sure.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:32 PM
First Mate

Yup... Its always easier to just paint the house twice than to listen to anything the wife has to dish out.

Bryan
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 03:42 PM

My reply to her was, "Whatever you want, honey." Better a happy wife than the alternative. And hey,,, right now she's all for going to Saco with me, so I ain't gonna mess with that.

Seriously,,, what's up with the friggen paint site recommending 3 times more paint than I really needed. I'm sure I calculated the square footage correctly.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
First Mate

Maybe they are expecting you to apply multiple coats... Nahh they would be to simple of an explation... they probably are just trying to stick it to everyone.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech43 View Post
Maybe they are expecting you to apply multiple coats... Nahh they would be to simple of an explation... they probably are just trying to stick it to everyone.
Ah,,, but they specifically advertise 1 coat coverage,,, and on top of 2 coats of primer, it covered very well. Bastards, lol.