Fishing 4-23-08 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Chesapeake Bay
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Chesapeake Bay A sub-forum for the Chesapeake Bay and all its tributaries Rockfish Rocks.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:19 PM
HDH

Default Fishing 4-23-08

It was a foggy morning in the Bay this morning and it was great to have a GPS onboard! We manage to get our two fish this morning with a monster 43" on the first keeper. I had a 27" fish hit a line while I was bringing it in to check since it is a lot of sea snot (Jellyfish) floating around. Of course in MD a fish has to be 28" to be legal during our Spring Trophy Season so it was a throw back. Our second keeper was a 33" fish and it looked like a minnow in the cooler next to the other. I haven't been marking much bait or fish on the finder in the last two outings. My fish have all been caught on the color of white Tandem rigged and singles. Today there wasn't much boat traffic as opener day except for a couple of barges and one that scared the Hell out of me when it popped out of the fog and blew his horn.

I will try to upload the photos again later, doesn't seem to upload at this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Fishing 4-23-08

Happy I just tried a random test upload. Seems to be working

Click image for larger version

Name:	marissa_Millerresized.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	5534
Old 04-24-2008, 07:07 PM
HDH

Here is the pics of our two fish. the one I am holding is a 43" and the other is the 33 in the cooler, he looks like a minnow compared to the big one.

Thanks Jim! I couldnt get it to download yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	5539   Click image for larger version

Name:	happyangler04232008_001.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	5541  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2008, 09:22 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

Nice fish!

I'm in VA for the week and will be heading to the Chesapeake bay bridge near Annapolis tomorrow. Do you have any tips on fishing that area?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Cow Catcher

Nice fish can't wait for them to get up here.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:58 PM
HDH

Khary23,
I am not to familar with that area but I hear that alot of fishing goes on around the Bay bridge structure either casting or jigging but if you got time I would try to get on a Charter boat and go trolling for one of the big boys. I also have read about the Sandy Point Park area. I would stop at "Anglers" they are located about 2-3 miles before you get to the toll before you cross over the bridge. They are on the right side by a Mcdonalds once you pass it you can exit on a side road and go back to it. I have been in there they have alot of fishing tackle and I am sure they can fill you in on what is happening in that area. Also only the main Chesapeake Bay waters are open for keeping a fish all rivers, creeks are closed or catch and release only till 6-1-08 be sure to check the regulations. Hope this helps you, Good Luck and let us know how you do!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:57 AM
First Mate
Pro Staff

Happy,

Thanks for all the info. I will definitely check out that B&T. This is my first time fishing the Chesapeake can't wait. I'll fill you guys in on how it goes.