The Saltwater License and why its coming. - Page 4 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News > Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws State game thief and Poacher hotlines / U.S. State Trailering Laws / Registration & Guidelines / Regulations / DNRs / Wildlife fish and game / and other govermental agencies / Park service Pass / Fees / News , fishing bills, conservation, regulations pertaining to the striped bass

Old 10-10-2008, 06:35 PM

Default Re: The Saltwater License and why its coming.

new gov tax on air would be nce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 PM

If you live in a state that has no sportsman fighting for whats right, your screwed.
If you live in a state with people ike me, you will reap benefits allowed by federal law.
Go ahead, be a clam and clamp the shell tight, forget all about how this can actually benefit you. Bitch loud and strong, make all the noise you want, deny it is gonna happen if you cry like a little girl. It's gonna happen, no matter how many floods your tears make.
Make it right.
Boat ramps, reefs, access, can all be bought with the 4 to 1 funding.
What the F are you talking about? 4 to 1? Ignorance is bliss.
I fought FOR the duck stamp, and I kill more ducks this year than I could 7 years ago.
It's called investment if you fight for the right things.
Wake up and join in, It's actually fun.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:11 PM

Update thread
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 AM

NY's proposed saltwater license seems to be inevitable at this point..What is a concern to me is the Governers agenda to adding stamps to fishing licenses. Starting with adding a trout/salmon stamp to freshwater licenses this year..Methinks that is a door best left closed. Can you imagine, once the foot is in the door, the ball they could have by requiring a different stamp for each specie on a saltwater license?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:31 PM

Many other states already do this. (Liberal Blue states)
California is a joke.
Resident Ocean and inland $41.20
Non Resident $110.80
One day $13.40
10 day non resident $40.20

Bay-Delta Sport Fishing Enhancement Stamp $ 6.30
Ocean Enhancement Stamp - south of Point Arguello (Santa Barbara County) $4.25
Second rod stamp $12.85
Colorado River Stamp $3.00 more for the Colorado / Arizona Border
Abalone Report Card $19.70 For Abalone North of SF bay
Salmon Report Card $5.50 for the Klamath and Trinity rivers
Steelhead Report Card $6.50 Inland Waters

The only somewhat saving grace is the ability to purchase the lifetime license.
Lifetime Fishing Licenses Fee
Description Ages 0-9 $ 459.25
Ages 10-39 $ 754.75
Ages 40-61 $ 679.50
Ages 62+ $ 459.25

Another $308.50 will get you Fishing Privilege Package.
Lifetime licensees who purchase the Fishing Privilege Package receive a Bay-Delta Sport Fishing Enhancement Stamp, a Second-Rod Stamp, an Ocean Enhancement Stamp, a Klamath-Trinity Sport Salmon Report Card and a Steelhead Report Card.

Pennsylvania also has a trout stamp that must be purchased if you target any for an additional 10 bucks.
The hatchery raised trout have PCBS in the Dna for crying out loud.

The Registry and individual State News and updates
Old 02-07-2009, 05:15 PM
First Mate

It appears that by 2010 MA will have a Saltwater Fishing license requirement.
At least thats what it said in SPFLD's Sunday Paper 2/1/09 last week.
Frank Sousa wrote about it in his column.

If every New England state does this I'll be paying a hefty price for my Sporting License.
I fish mostly in ME. and CT. for Stripers. With non residence licenses being more this could cost me plenty.

I'm not saying we don't need the license because it would help the fisheries.
I just think it should be a combined license for all New England states.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

nope! you gotta pay to fish here pal! if your out of state? you wanna fish this fishery you gotta pay. these gomers collectively will persue that deal you can rest assured on that. it is sad that we will have to police ourselves and hope to have an officer in the vicinity to eleviate the riff raff. just can't figure out how this helps the working class joe. i am for it for a few reasons but can live with those items if it is futile to administer any enforcement. just more salt on a government wound i have that seems to be like a staph infection that will only get worse. revolution is coming soon but i won't be here for it i'm sure.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 PM

O.k here is the deal, i am a avid Hunter and fisherman (both salt water and freshwater), and a New York resident,so hear me out!!!!!!Right know there is NO saltwater license in effect but there is a fresh water license,Every Year our Hunting and Fishing Licenses Go further and further up,Along with the regulations,And Yes there should be regs and limits,but every year our State decides to make fishing and hunting a little harder and a little more expensive,But will cry that there is not enough Licenses being sold,and not enough Kids out doing these wonderful outdoor sports,Why??? Its not becouse there to busy playing there Video games
and Text messaging there friends,Its becouse Dad got out of hunting and fishing becouse of the cost of these sports,And as we are possibly going to see a Saltwater lic,in New York,they are also trying to pass other lic for freshwater, a walleye and pike lic, and a Trout and Salmon Lic,Not to Mention, Big game Lic going up...And while all of this is suppossed to help support these Species of fish it will not,as of this year they are closing 3 major trout hatcheries in New York,and reducing funding on other hatcheries,Why should ppl Pay over a hundred dollers a year for a sportsman Lic,When they may only hunt and fish a few weekends in a year.....Better yet why should we have a Saltwater Lic,if we can't even get our kids out freshwater fishing!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
First Mate
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by salcrazy1 View Post
O.k here is the deal, i am a avid Hunter and fisherman (both salt water and freshwater), and a New York resident,so hear me out!!!!!!Right know there is NO saltwater license in effect but there is a fresh water license,Every Year our Hunting and Fishing Licenses Go further and further up,Along with the regulations,And Yes there should be regs and limits,but every year our State decides to make fishing and hunting a little harder and a little more expensive,But will cry that there is not enough Licenses being sold,and not enough Kids out doing these wonderful outdoor sports,Why??? Its not becouse there to busy playing there Video games
and Text messaging there friends,Its because Dad got out of hunting and fishing because of the cost of these sports,And as we are possibly going to see a Saltwater lic,in New York,they are also trying to pass other lic for freshwater, a walleye and pike lic, and a Trout and Salmon Lic,Not to Mention, Big game Lic going up...And while all of this is suppossed to help support these Species of fish it will not,as of this year they are closing 3 major trout hatcheries in New York,and reducing funding on other hatcheries,Why should ppl Pay over a hundred dollers a year for a sportsman Lic,When they may only hunt and fish a few weekends in a year.....Better yet why should we have a Saltwater Lic,if we can't even get our kids out freshwater fishing!!!!
I don't know where your getting your numbers from, but your not paying over a hundred dollars a year for the sportsman's licence. The licence is $37. per year or $68. which adds, bow muzzle loader, and turkey.
The proposed cost of the saltwater license ($10. I belive) is a fraction of what most of pay for tackle. So I really don't see your argument of people not being able to afford a licence holding much water.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Lunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30pack View Post
new gov tax on air would be nce

if they could they would........
Old 06-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Striper Hunter - Call_me_Ishmael

Here's a pdf that has info on why the CT DEP believes the SW license is good
http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishin...esentation.pdf
Old 06-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Grouchy old Bassturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
Here's a pdf that has info on why the CT DEP believes the SW license is good
http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishin...esentation.pdf

Done deal.
Effective June 15th, 2009
$10 res. / $15 non
Old 06-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Striper Hunter

It is not if but when the states that do not have a salt water licence require you to buy one.

If they don't, the Feds will impose the Fishing Registry Fee and the money collected goes straight into the federal budget.

The states must pass the law and there is a additional sum of shared federal funding the states can aquire when they do so. Under Pittman-Robinson Act there is a 10% surcharge on all Marine, sport Fishing and Hunting products.

The states that have a salt water license get to share in the funds created by purchases for Marine Fishing and Saltwater Products. It is a billions of dollar industry. Especially when you count the Casual Angler and family who spends top dollar on getting a few fish every year.

The goal, gentle people, is to make sure our state legislatures, direct the money collected for Saltwater Licenses and the new revenue generated through sharing in the federal revenue raised from the manufactures of goods for salt water and boat products, to be set aside for Saltwater research projects and ENFORCEMENT of the DAILY BAG LIMITS in our coastal bays and beaches.

Zim,

I appreciate the list of congress representtives and Senators you put together last fall. Hillary is gone and Kirsten Hilldebrand is in her Senate Seat. Her mother is a hunter and a angler and she was the only Democrat in NY who didn;t support Chucky Shusters gun control bills. I think she has turned the corner on that stand and in her upstate district it might cost her her job. If you could update that list, we might be able to get people in NY to let them know we the people are not pleased and the funds generated must be protected for the fishery.

Meanwhile, she needs to look good for the sportsmen, once again, as here term isn't a full one, and her re-election is coming sooner than 5 years. Peter King is a rightous supporter for gun rights and our military. I'm not familar with his positions on fishing. He could be an asset. All of the Dems and Republicans who live near the salt serving in Congress and the Legislature need to be reminded how many people in NY fish and vote.

The same goes for every orther coastal state. If their goal is to give us a Saltwater Fishing Licence, lets make sure they protect and direct to funding to improve our fisheries and enforce to laws against poaching and waste.

Bob Creeden
Old 06-23-2009, 09:49 AM
First Mate

I think as posted before the people that are going to suffer are the shops and fishing boats. Just think how much is coasts for a parent to take his family of say 4 or 5 on vacation. Now think how the economy is, these people are getting less already now add about $100 extra just to go on a fishing trip!!! I doubt many will pay this when you can get a beach pass for less and not have to deal with them(the kids). Just think also that there are far fewer people out there that do things with there kids these days. Us group of people are out of the norm.

Just wait as this fee for fishing will go up. Every year the freshwater fee goes up, why would this not go up. It's now $33 or $34 in NJ if you want a Trout stamp. We already have a Bonus Striper Cert. which costs money. Trust me them will go up and they will also start adding things to suck more money out of you.
I have a friend who got summoned for fishing with his son. He was not fishing as he does not care for it but is nice enough to take his son out and teach him. They only had one Spiderman zebco rod which he baited and cast out for his son. They saw him do this and said he was fishing---Bam TICKET HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO PUT UP WITH THIS BS
Old 11-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Striper Hunter

Warning; If the National Marine Fisheries Service is in any way involved with the regulations regarding striper fishing, things will get crazy for us. After watching them control the commercial ground-fishing for the past 25 yrs., I hope that we recreational guys don't get that treatment. I wouldn't want to be limited to fishing 3 day blocks, say, wed. Thurs. Fri. of the second week of each month. In other words, they make the regs. as they would for a 9 to 5 production line. They are clueless as to how fishing goes.

I have been approached and interviewed by a NMFS census taker. They are out gathering info between 9 and 5, which tells me what kind of info they'll get. They also fish to gather info. This really cracks me up.

As far as money is concerned, if a successful license program generates huge sums of money there will be many groups ready to take it. I think the smaller and more local the controlling body, the better chances of it benefiting us.

Sorry to be such a cynic, but experience has taught me well.

Lead by example. Help the less informed. Trust in natural selection.