Opening Day 4-19-08 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Chesapeake Bay
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Chesapeake Bay A sub-forum for the Chesapeake Bay and all its tributaries Rockfish Rocks.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 PM
HDH

Default Opening Day 4-19-08

It was a beautiful morning for dragging lines in the Bay. The way it looked the high gas prices didn't slow the many fisherman in quest for that trophy. We got started early and got our first fish at about 6:45 am. not a monster but a nice 34" It was a slow morning after that. It was like a chess game calculating your next move thru the boats and planer boards, you would have most going East to West and then someone else would decide it was better to go North to South and everybody would have to jockey for position but that is opening day! How did the rest of you guys do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0619.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	5507  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Opening Day 4-19-08

Nice fish Happy!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 AM
nitefisherII

WTG ,NICE FISH , IT WAS A NICE DAY TO BE OUT LEFT BREEZY PT AROUND 8AM WENT RIGHT OUY FRONT GOT 3- 31"32"33" ALL OFF THE BOARDS 40-50 FT WATER SMALL UMB RIGS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 12:04 PM
HDH

I brought me a planer board this year but didn't use it on the first day due to lack of experience and way too much traffic and I did'nt want a tangled mess. I will use it this week when the weather cooperates. What is the best way to hook the releases to the line to the lures? Do you make a loop before attaching the line? I have brought the heavy releases with the board but have read about using the rubber bands. Do you have any tricks you can relate to save me a headache? Thanks for any info submited!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:33 PM
nitefisherII

if they are the scoty clips they have have two settings with heavy umb rigs use the back hole singles and tandems use front i use carabineer clips the chep ones get them at lowes about 1$ the scoty clips have a black line in the middle about half way that is where i place my line
Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
HDH

The ones I have are Scotty and I brought them at Anglers on the way to the Eastern Shore. They have yellow tips on the black body but I see no adjustments, holes etc. The small yellow one that came with it has a spring that you move for tension but it is cheap. I will experiment and see how they work only by trial and error will I get comfortable using them. I have read to just use a shower curtain holder and wrap a rubber band around the line and when the fish strikes the band would snap off. I have heard on the VHF Saturday the guys talking about the bands. I guess it is the cheapest way but sometimes the cheap way aint the best way....
Also The Washington Post today had a great write up on Tylers and his shop in Solomons in the Southern Maryland section.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:16 PM
nitefisherII

TYLERS HAS THE THE ONES I WAS TALKING ABOUT WITH THE CARABINEERS CLIPS ON THEM ABOUT 6$ A PIECE I TRY TO GET 1OR 2 EACH TIME I STOP DONT TELL BETTER HAFT RUBBER BANDS SOMETIMES DONT SNAP ON SMALL FISH AND SNAP TO SOON IN WAVES SO I WENT TO THE CLIPS