Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

delaware river techniques

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jackinpa 
#1 ·
Hi. I want to try for stripers in the Delaware river from Yardley to Upper Black Eddy. What are some good baits or lures to use? Are there any favorite presentations? Is shore fishing better than from a boat? What's the best time and place? Thanks.

#2 ·
Whats up man I fish the same stretch. I fish from my boat and try to stay with the live bait. I have found that it works best and you have more species that are interest in what you have out there. Last Thursday I caught 3 catfish between 14-16" and a 18" stripper. That was in the first half hour!

#4 ·
I use big minnow's once in a while, but I like to use chicken liver the most. It cost 2 bucks for a little tube that will easyly last you all day and some. Grannit you woun't catch smallies with it, but the Catfish and Stripper love it. I usually use rooster tail's of variable sizes when I feel like catch small mouth, they seem to work well as long as you know where to look.

I keep my boat docket on the river during the summer, but I use the yardley boat ramp to put in and pull out. Hope I was of help. I'm always fishing on the river between the W. Trenton Ave Bridge and the wing damn in New hope so maybe ill catch you around good luck man. I don't know why everyone else on this site dissapears after the stripper run in late spring, once mid June hits its like pulling teeth to get info on our stretch. See ya bud

#5 ·
Thanks for the info. I've done lots of catfishing when I lived in Iowa and I had lots of luck with chicken livers. I didn't know that stripers like chicken liver. That's reallly interesting. When I fished snaggy rivers I floated the liver under a slip bobber. I snell my circle hooks which I find holds liver really well. I imagine that your're not bottom fishing due to the rocks or do you anchor up and bottom fish?
I'm looking forward to the fall striper run on the coast. I researched what I need as far as beach buggy permits on LBI and IBSP. I've done lots of surf fishing on Hatteras for big reds and blues and I liked catching Kingfish. I also fished the Texas coast for reds, trout, pompano and kingfish. I can't wait to get after the stipers in the surf up here.
Thanks for the info. Take care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.