Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Stripers 101 / Starter Kit Rigs - tubes - lures

119K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  zimno1 
#1 ·
Stripers 101 Starter Kit

The beginners clinic was an endevour by us to inform the new striper fisherman on the basics and approach to striper fishing. It is by no means comprehensive nor is it designed to be the final word on any of the subjects. We encourage all additions to help make the site more informative.

More advanced tactics.

Hope you all enjoy the site and respect the sport and the fish as much as we do.

#30 ·
Re: Stripers 101 / Starter Kit

thanks brad, and thanks for being a good friend. i enjoyed your company at the cape. if you ever want to share anything or include input about any and all aspects of the sport please feel free to chime in at will. there are sometimes shortages when it comes to help on this forum as most of us like to fish and are away from time to time, zim

#31 ·
Re: Rigs-Lures-Tubes- Rods and other FAQ's

i was in my local tackle shop, when the owner talked me out of buying a gibbs danny style plug, and talked me into buying a football jacks bass thum plug ,yellow top white bottom...twice the price...but he said it kills off the beach...any opinions

#32 ·

kastmaster718 said:
buying a football jacks bass thumb plug
I would think that it would be an excellent plug. He's one of the Vendors at the Asbury Park Fishing show.
The best builders in the entire northeast sell their stuff there.

#33 ·

i have a crystal minnow yozuri and i cant cast the thing more than like 10ft, do ppl add lead tape or what?

#34 ·

NubCake said:
i have a crystal minnow yozuri and i cant cast the thing more than like 10ft, do ppl add lead tape or what?
The yozuri five inch is an ounce at best. So you need a lighter rod rated for around 1/2 to 1-1/2 ounces or one rated in the 3/4 to 2-1/4 ounce category. Usually these are around 7 and 1/2 feet.
You could burn a pin hole in it and load it with a few ccs of water and seal it back up for a bit more distance to experiment a bit.

#35 ·

ooooooo that makes sense, i have a 10' 6'' st. croix premier surf rod thats stiffer than grandpa on the blue thunder, probly why it doesnt go newhere thanks

:whistle:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.