New synthetic Hair product ... - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers on the Fly
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers on the Fly Discuss fly fishing for Striped Bass here. Fly tying, tips, tricks, reports, etc. Everything fly!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Official Member

Default Re: New synthetic Hair product ...

Zimno..Thats a great flick..Ilove the old fish YOUTUBE flicks also..Reminds me of when my dad was the gardener at the Golden Gate Casting Club & I would go to work with him when school was out..I would get chills in the old club building & still do, with all the history & tradition in the grand old place..All the pictures , stone fireplace & odds & ends remain the same since 1938..Some of the members took me fishing when I was about 10...Black bas, steelhead & salmon ..I was hooked & i remain a addicted , fanatical fisherman 50 years later..Lots of memories in that grand building & a lot of old friends gone , but not forgotten ...Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Official Member

Zimno...I read a article on Hardy & them getting my cousin Jon Tarantino to work with them on equiptment..referal work & designing etc..Its too bad he was killed one morning surprising a burglar at his Dads restaurant one morning..He had finished school & was getting into being Reps for Rod & Reel companies..Would have been a great life for him, but was cut short..Steve Rajeff is doing the same thing now..Hes the main rep for loomis rods..Between Tarantino & Rajeff , they've held the world championship for about 46 or so years..Steves brother Tim Rajeff is also a excellent caster & owns Rajeff Sports ( Echo rods & Air flo lines) Quite a tradition..Jim
Old 09-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

yea, tim was out of the loop a long time. story was he was never jealous of the brother either. just had to come full circle. when you have pedigree like that it is enough to get right back into the swing of things. the sport is riddled with rags to riches stories of men and women who had spit and now reap the rewards of thier contributions. like the owners of bt's./ i read how they tied 20 dozen fly;s to get gas and were river rovers. all that experience pays off. just sorry i brought it up as i know you don't like thinking of it. but man are you ever right that that would definately been the life he would have deserved and was cheated out of. i will pm my phone # ps. i got the hair. WTF??? i won;t have the time in this century to tie enough fly;s with that/. some deal on it as if we could come up with a pattern that is good enough to sell would be great but i never gave that any consideration as i just tie mediocre patterns and fish when i can. (i made some quick teasers out of it for montauk so it is handy jim. thank you kindly) talk tomorrow, zim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2008, 04:07 AM
Official Member

Zimno.. Don't worry about the material..It's cheap & It's fun sharing with another tyer..Especially you guys that treated us so nice on our meeting at the canal last june..A friend turned me on to it & i'm just passing it on to you guys on the East coast..As I said theres more companies with different colors etc..As I get something wild , I send some out your way...I'm gettind ready to go silver fly fishing in Alaska friday for 5 days..Then we leave Sept 27th for Rhode Island for 2 weeks...Retirement is great.. Hope all is well with you..Will write a report on the Tsiu River alaska when I get back...Jim
Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

fri sat and sunday oct 3rd 4th and 5th. if jim wants to hang out we can go and meet up with you guys one of these days. if the fishing is off the hook here then you can zip down with gunny and get into fish otherwise. won;t know wtf will happen but i would venture you will hit it good in Rhodie. i will see if i can manage sat and sun. would like to get to fish with you finally. i am so glad i got back to work. my legs are like rubber now as i have not worked in 50 days. i'd say good luck on silvers but you don't need luck you need a kick in the ass for making me so jealous~

Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Striper Hunter

Been around for years! Some of it looks almost like Yak hair. Great for big flys.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Official Member

IT'S BETWEEN 3-4' FOLDED OVER IN PACKAGE...IF THATS NOT LONG ENOUGH , THEN I HAVE TO SEE THE HUGE FLIES YOU'RE TYING..bUT SERIOUSLY , THE PRICE...$ 3.OO IS REALLY GOOD...IF SOLD AT FLY SHOPS WOULD BE AT $20-$35...i LOVE IT FOR hI-tIES.....JIM